Gilbert Blythe | You Are Much More To Me

Requested by: Vamixee

———————————————————————

You were always adored by all your classmates.

For some odd reason, everyone took a liking to you. You were friends with everyone in school and you enjoyed it most of the time.

Even Billy Andrews liked you.

Which was quite surprising as he doesn't like anyone and is never kind.

But one boy stood out to you for always trying his hardest to get your attention. Gilbert Blythe always tried to talk to you and flirted with you constantly. Although, you never seemed to mind.

You quite liked Gilbert Blythe.

But oh, you could never tell him that.

"Hello there, Miss." Gilbert smiled as he trotted over towards you, hold his hand out towards you.

"Hello, Gilbert." You greeted back as you put your hand in his as he brought your hand up to his lips and kissed it gently.

"Isn't it a pleasure to see you today." He smirked as his tone was as playful as ever.

"Indeed." You gave a smile back to the boy before Ruby pulled at your arm.

"What is it, Ruby?" You asked the girl.

"Billy took my flower, Y/N." Ruby sounded like a little girl as she whined for something she wanted.

"Billy, could I please have Ruby's flower back?" You asked politely as you held your hand out towards him.

He looked down at your hand before groaning and placing the flower in your hand.

You handed it back to Ruby. She grabbed the flower and then began to whisper in your ear, "I think Billy likes you." She giggled.

You pulled back and laughed at the girl, "he most certainly does not." You scoff at Ruby.

Gilbert cleared his throat quite loudly, obviously trying to regain your attention.

"That flower is almost as pretty as you." She smiled as he put his hands into his pockets, trying to act as smooth as possible.

"Gilbert, I don't think you realize that the flower is withering.."

Gilbert's smiled dropped immediately and he scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"I-I didn't notice-"

"It's alright. Its quite funny that didn't even notice." You laughed at the boy's attempt to flirt with you again.

"Ah.." he laughed nervously as he looked at the floor.

"It's about time for school. Best get to your sit, Gilbert." You smiled warmly at him, making him smile back at you.

*

"Would you like to come to my house this evening, Y/N? Mother is baking." Diana asked, smiling up at you.

"That's a very nice offer, Diana. But I can't. I'm a bit busy today. I have to go to Charlotte Town with my mother today."

"Oh, that should be loads of fun. I hope you have fun, Y/N. See you tomorrow!" Diana waved off before leaving the school house.

"Y/N." You felt someone tap your shoulder causing you to flip yourself around.

"Woah, be careful or I'll have to catch you when you fall." Gilbert smirked as he teased you.

"I-I.. very funny, Gilbert." You chuckled at the boy as you grabbed your books.