Gilbert Blythe | Fun & Games

Requested by: Blue_Areo048

———————————————————————

"Wait up!"

Gilbert Blythe has always seemed to follow you around from place to place.

Somehow he always walked to and from school the same time as you, every single day.

"Did you have to take off that quickly?" He caught up, out of breath.

You cleared your throat and stopped and turned to the boy, holding your books close to your chest, "actually, yes." You spat before turning back and continued your walk.

"I don't know why you're always so angry but it's cute. I'll take it." He smiled, scratching the back of his neck before realized that you were getting away from him.

Gilbert followed closely behind you. You could hear the boys footsteps. He cleared his throat and sighed. You could practically see his neck nervous neck scratch.

After awhile you let out a sigh and stopped, turning around.

"Would you quit following me?" You spoke in a displeased tone.

"I'm not." He defended as he shook his head.

"You are. There's no need to lie about it." You were beginning to get really annoyed by him.

He smiled at you as he stared into your eyes.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" You were quite annoyed as you spoke.

"You're cute." He chuckles.

You scoff at the boy, "I could never like you, Gilbert Blythe."

Gilbert's smile Immediately dropped and he looked away from you, "I-I should go."

You did feel a bit sorry for being so mean to Gilbert.

You shouldn't be sorry, Y/N.

He had it coming anyway.

You reassured yourself.

You whipped yourself around and began to stomping off to your house.

Oh, how Gilbert Blythe made you angry sometimes.

*

"I'm so glad I get to sit next to you in class. I couldn't ask for a better seat mate, Y/N." Diana smiled at you as she fixed her dressed before sitting down.

"It's the same for me, Diana. You're by far, the best seat mate I could ask for." You giggled as you sat down next to Diana.

You could hear loud laughing coming from the boys side of the classroom. You turned your head to see what they were laughing about but instead, came face to face with Gilbert Blythe.

He was staring right at you. He wasn't even trying to hide it. His arm was propped up on the desk while his arm held up his head as he stared at you with a smile.

You stood up and walked over to him, "Gilbert Blythe, it's quite rude to stare." You stood in front of the boy.

"I wasn't staring." He smiled up at you.

"I thought I told you yesterday. If you have forgotten, I'll remind you. I could never like a boy like you, Gilbert Blythe." You spat at the boy.

You whipped myself back around and sat back down at my desk next to Diana, not caring to look back at the boy.