Jerry Baynard | Maybe Something More

Requested by: jaedenlieberhoe

———————————————————————

"Oh, don't you think that October is just the most amazing month of the year?" Anne giggles as she threw a bunch of fallen leaves into the air.

"It truly is beautiful. How could I not love it?" You laughed along with her as you tried to catch the leaves that were falling from the sky.

"I can't wait for you to meet Jerry, Y/N. He doesn't have any friends so I think you'd be a perfect and ever so amazing friend for him to have." She smiled as she felt a bit sad for Jerry.

"I'm excited as well, Anne. I do feel a bit sad for him. He can't go to school or have friends and he has to work all day long. I wish I could help him.." You felt saddened that this boy didn't have much compared to me.

Who were you to ever complain?

"Well, I know Jerry will love you!" She smiled before running off and racing you towards Green Gables.

"Hey! Don't be such a cheater, Anne!" You laughed before racing off after her.

*

"Sorry about the wobbly ladder. We've been meaning to get it fixed." Anne apologized as she climbed up it.

We both reached the top and there stood a boy, forking hay.

"Jerry!" Anne called out.

The boy turned around and met with my eyes.
He had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes, his smile was quite handsome also.

"Bonjour, you must be Y/N!" He quickly set down his pitch fork and walked over with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Ciao, you must be Jerry." You smiled as you greeted the handsome boy.

"I thought Y/N would do as a great friend for you Jerry. She is more of a friend than you could ever hope." She smiled as she complimented me.

"I'll go get some bread for us. I'll be back soon." She smiled before climbing down the ladder.

"Well, I guess it's just us." He smiled.

"Its a beautiful day." You said to start a conversation.

"Oui oui." He replied.

"You speak French? I speak Italian!" You laughed as you noticed that you both spoke other languages.

"Yes, my family all speak French. We had to learn English when we moved here." He explained as he looked at me confidently.

"Ah, I see. My family have always lived here but we speak Italian in our family when we are at home so all my siblings speak it as well." A small smile tugged at your lips as you started to make good conversation.

"Alright, here's some bread for us all to share. It's ever so delicious." Anne exclaimed as she climbed up the ladder and then passed out bread to us.

"Merci, Anne." Jerry thanked her.

"Grazie, Anne." You also thanked my friend.

Anne let out a mumble as she enjoyed the bread, "How can Marilla make this bread so fluffy and light? I've never known someone to do that." She smiled as she took another bit.

"She's always had to cook for herself though, Anne. She had a lot of practice, I'm sure." You replied.

"That's true. I wish to one day learn to cook like her. So I can make some delicious treats for my life-mate one day." Anne daydreamed as usual while you and Jerry just listened and ate our bread quietly.

*

Two Weeks Later

"I'll be back before dinner, mother." You shout before closing your front door and walking towards Green Gables.

Ever since you met Jerry you've had such an amazing time. You met with Jerry every single day. He was such an amazing friend and you loved everything about him. You were really glad that Anne decided to introduce you to him.

You quietly hummed to yourself as you strolled on the path towards Green Gables.

Once you arrived you immediately climbed the ladder. The ladder was no longer wobbly because you helped Jerry fix it while you two were hanging out. You loved helping him and being around him so you were happy to do it.

"Hello, Y/N. Was it a nice walk?" He asked with a smile as he got up from his seat on the floor and walked over to you.

"It went well, thank you for asking." You thanked Jerry.

"Jerry, I was wondering if maybe you could teach me a bit of French?" You asked the boy as you sat down beside each other.

"Oui, but you have to teach me some Italian as well, Y/N!"

"Okay, you go first." You were excited to learn some phrases in French.

"Comment allez-vous?"

"Comment allez-vous?" You repeated quite slowly, but it was very easy to pronounce.

"Oui! You for it Y/N!" He cheered a bit.

"What did that mean though?" You asked.

"You said how are you." He smiled.

"Your Turn." He said as he waited impatiently for your phrase.

"Alright.. tu sei mio amico."

"What?" He laughed.

"Say it slowly."

"Okay, tu sei mio amico." You repeated it really slowly for him to hear the

"tu sei mio amico?" He said it more like it was a question because he was unsure of if he was saying it right.

"Wow! You did great!" You cheered as you were amazed.

"That meant that you are my friend." You smiled at him.

"Alright, my turn." He said.

"Je t'aime beaucoup." He smiled brightly, waiting for my response.

"Slower?" You asked as you let out a smile giggle.

"Je t'aime beaucoup." He said slowly.

"Je t'aime beaucoup?" You repeated quite good as you smiled at Jerry.

"What did that mean?" You asked out of curiosity.

"I said I like you a lot." His smile seemed to grow 10x bigger than before when he said that.

"W-What?" You immediately got red as tried to hide a bit.

You looked away from him out of embarrassment of the moment.

"I like you a lot." He repeated.

Jerry seemed pretty confident and straightforward. He wasn't afraid to say things to you that normally people would be so nervous about.

"Hey.." Jerry whispered before lifting my face up with his finger and planting his lips on mine.

His eyes were shut tightly and he smiled onto my lips as he held me.

You didn't know what to do in that moment. But you knew you like him too.

So you kissed back.

You really did develop feelings for this handsome farm boy. And you didn't regret a second of it.

You couldn't be happier that Anne introduced to the boy who works on her farm.

———————————————————————

I hoped you enjoyed it! I'm so sorry for how long this took!

I haven't been updating because Wattpad is being so glitchy and when I get a notification it won't load any of my notifications or books. But I can read other books and comment but can't view my own and my own notifications and comments. It's so annoying..