Cole Mackenzie | Heart Broken

Not a request

———————————————————————

"Cole Mackenzie, tell me you're kidding?" You giggled at the boy who was being ridiculous.

"I'm serious, Y/N." You were still laughing at how the boy was telling you the story of how he pranked Billy Andrews.

"I never would've thought you'd do that, Cole. You're always so quiet." You talked to Cole as you walked around on the cliff side edge.

"I wasn't going to do it at first. But then.. I thought of everything he's done to me. I can't even draw, Y/N.. so, I decided to do it." He spoke as he picked grass from the ground as he sat comfortably on the ground.

"You're hand will get better, Cole. Just give it some time.." you sighed as you felt sadness for the poor boy.

"But.. Billy Andrews sure did deserve what he got." Cole looked up at you and you smiled reassuringly at Cole.

"This is why I like you." He smiled before looking back at the ground and picking the pieces of perfectly green grass.

"What do you mean?" You furrowed your eyebrows as you watched Cole break the pieces of grass he had in his hand.

"I-I don't know." He hesitates a bit with a small smile he had tried to hid.

"What?" You giggled as you playfully pushed his shoulder.

"You're just so beautiful. And always kind and are always there for me when I need it. B-But.. that's only a small amount of the things I adore about you, Y/N.." Cole was quiet as he spoke due to him being slightly embarrassed since he was quite shy.

You smiled at Cole before reaching over and ruffling his hair, "look at me." You said to the boy.

He slowly but surely lifted up his head as his cheeks were slightly tinted red, "Cole Mackenzie, I love you.." you whispered to the boy with a small smile on your lips and a small smile on his.

*

"Hey, Gilbert!" You greeted Gilbert in school as got sat down at your desk.

"Hello, Y/N. How are you today?" He politely replied with a smile and nod.

"Quite well, thank you for asking." You smiled.

You thought for a moment, trying to remember something you did with Gilbert when you were small..

"Gilbert?" You said to get his attention.

He turned around and looked at you, "yes, Miss?" He smiled brightly at you.

"Don't you remember when we were ten years old, we were inside your house and we chased each other around like small children always do?" I asked the boy.

He thought for a moment before his face lit up with remembrance.

"Yes, I do!" He chuckled at the memory.

You and Gilbert have known each other for quite awhile now. You practically grew up together due to your mothers being best of friends.

"I thought maybe we could hang out at your house again?" You asked the boy.

"That would be great. It would be nice to talk to you outside of school." He smiled at you.

But little did you know.. Gilbert Blythe liked you more than a friend.

*

"Alright, I think I should be off. It was really nice talking to you again, Gilbert." You walked over to Gilbert's door and opened it slightly.

"As for you." He smiled as he walked up to you.

"Alright, I'll see you at scho-" before you could even finish your sentence, he had kissed you.

You were quite shocked but the sudden kiss. But this wasn't what you wanted.. so you pushed him off you gently.

He looked at you confused. But you were even more confused than he was.

"Gilbert-" you stopped mid-sentence when you heard running and hard breathing.

You turned your head to see Cole.. he was running off into the woods.

"Cole, wait!" Before Gilbert could even speak another word, you were gone.

Cole was the one you wanted. It was always Cole. And it broke your heart that he saw what he just did..

"Cole!" You yelled as you ran closely behind him.

"Wait, I'm sorry!"

He continued to run until he reached the cliff and then stopped at the edge.

Tears were streaming down his cheeks as he stood there, heartbroken.

"I thought you loved me.." his voice was laced with heartbreak and pain.

"I do-"

"You don't.." he interrupted.

"Cole, just let me explain.." you spoke gently to the boy as you stood behind him.

"You don't understand, Y/N.."

"I don't know how I didn't see it coming.. how did I not s-see it.." he was so hurt.

"You were all I ever wanted.." his voices cracked and his voice got weak.

"All I ever wanted.. was you.."

"And now I'm getting that taken away from me too.." he whispered to himself.

"Cole, I'm still here.. I would never leave you." You reassured him.

"You are.. I saw you and Gilbert kissing." He wasn't mad, just hurt.

"You don't understand, Cole. He kissed me, okay?" You walked over to Cole and stood in front of him.

The tears streaming down his face broke your heart into pieces. He wouldn't even look at you.

"It wasn't me.."

"You're the one I love, Cole. Not Gilbert.." he refused to look at you so you placed your hands on his cheeks and gently made him look at you.

"I'm yours." You whispered to the boy with a small smile as you wiped his tears with your thumb.

"Do you promise?" He whispered as more tears streamed down his face.

"I promise." Right then Cole buried his face into your neck and held you so tight, almost as if, if he didn't hold your tightly then he'd lose you.

"You are mine.." he whispered to himself.

"Mine.."

————————————————————————

So, this one wasn't a request so I hope it's not terrible..

MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 17TH!

HOW EVEN.. I CRI

if you'd like to dedicate any of your books, chapters or imagines to me, I would absolutely love that and definitely read them, loves!🙈💗