Jerry Baynard | Secret Lovers

requested by: Helplessfangurl

_______________________________

"Oh, Y/N! You must come over today! We could have tea and dress up in dresses fit for princesses!" Anne exclaimed as you both walked up to the schoolhouse.

You grinned widely at your best friend. She had an extraordinary mind and used a lot of big words. You found her fascinating.

"Of course I'll come over, Anne. I wouldn't miss it!" You giggled as you walked into the schoolhouse arm and arm.

The chatter of all the kids inside and outside of the schoolhouse could be heard.

"Oh, how splendid!" She replied along with a giggle.

You both walked over to your desks which just so happen to be together. Luckily you were able to sit by Anne or else the boys would pick on you all too much.

"What are you doing in our schoolhouse? You're too ugly to be here." Billy taunts while gesturing to You and Anne.

Anne turned her head to Billy, "Billy, we're trying to do our work. It would be great if you would like to learn something too."

"Oh, you mean you're actually doing that work? I'm surprised you haven't given up by now since your too dumb to figure it out." Billy chuckles as he plops down at the desk in front of you.

Billy turns to look at you. You had your head down and fidgeting with your fingers. You've always been kind of scared of Billy. His taunting seemed horrible.

"You seem pretty quiet. Must not have been smart enough to even learn how to talk." Billy laughed at his remark as he watched you closely.

"Billy, leave her alone," Anne spoke sternly.

Billy shot Anne a piercing glare, "and what makes you think I'll leave her alone?"

"Leave them alone or we're going to have to have a talk about this." You heard the voice of Gilbert Blythe behind you as he walked in front of you both and over to Billy.

Billy clears his throat as if he was slightly embarrassed knowing that Gilbert would most certainly beat him at anything, "Gilbert, hows your father doing?"

"He's doing quite alright. Now leave them alone." Gilbert spoke in a stern but still soft voice.

You're quite sure that Gilbert has a crush on Anne but she never believed you.

*

" I have someone I think you should meet!" Anne exclaimed before grabbing your hand and pulling you toward the barn.

"he's up here!" she started climbing up the ladder.

"Jerry, I have someone for you to meet!"  You heard her say as you finished climbing up the ladder.

You walked over to where Anne was. The brown-haired boy turned around and smiled brightly at you. He put down his pitchfork and walked over.

"Bonjour, I'm Jerry." He held out his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Y/N." you shot him a smile back and watched the boy closely.