Misunderstanding

*Koneko POV*

I was sitting next to my bed, where my brother was unconscious. A few days ago, he had to use his full power to stop Issei from killing everybody. But using his full power causes him to go insane, thankfully Kuroka and I were able to snap him out of it, but he still hasn't woken up. I'm getting more worried by the day. I hear the door open, but assume it's Kuroka or Ophis, as they have also been worried about him.

"Koneko, can we talk for a minute?" I'm surprised to hear Issei's voice, but turn around and look at the pervert in confusion.

"What do you want pervert?" I ask, slightly glaring at him.

"Listen, I know you really love Soren, but he hasn't woken up for a few days. What if... he never does?" He asks, I sadden at the thought of him never waking up, but shake off the thought.

"He'll come back. Have more faith in him." I say. Suddenly, he gives me a perverted look and I shudder.

"I doubt he'll ever come back. So I think it's about time I get the loli I've been wanting." My eyes widen as he grabs my wrists and holds me against the wall. I struggle, but surprisingly he's keeping me trapped.

"What are you doing Issei!?" I ask, frantically trying to escape, to no avail. He laughs and smirks.

"Soren won't wake up. So he doesn't need his girlfriend anymore. Don't worry, you'll learn to be happy with me instead." Tears form at the edge of my eyes as I still struggle. Suddenly, he moves forward and takes my lips. My eyes widen. I scream in his mouth and continue to struggle. He has me trapped.

*Soren POV*

Distant talking can be heard from the abyss I'm in. I can't make out any of the words though. I hear a loud thud, most likely something being thrown against the wall or floor. Suddenly, the abyss starts to fade and the sound of muffled screaming grows closer. Then, it stops.

I open my eyes to see I'm in the room I share with Koneko. What happened? Suddenly I remember my fight with Issei, and my sisters calling out to me. I shake off the thought and grow excited to see them again after being asleep for what I presume was a long time. My hearing came back and I heard breathing other than my own in the room. I look towards the source and an entire mix of emotions crashed down on me at once.

Issei and Koneko were kissing.

"I didn't think I was asleep for that long" I say. Issei's eyes widen and he stops kissing her, looking at me.

"Soren, it's not what it looks like." Issei stutters out.

"Be quiet Issei, if you talk any more I don't think I'll be able to hold back my anger." I say, he nods, looking down to the ground.

"I get it Koneko. You got bored of waiting for me to wake up, and you found someone else to make you happy. It's fine. As long as you're happy. I guess I'll be leaving now. I wish you two the best of luck in your relationship." I say, smiling. 'I hate you Issei Hyoudou. You stole the love of my life. But as long as she's happy, you stay alive.'

Tears start streaming from her eyes.

"Soren I don't like him. I promise. Please don't leave." She said through sobs.

"Oh so you did it purely to cheat on me. Okay. I'm still leaving. I love you Koneko, tell Kuroka and Ophis I promise to marry them one day." Before the crying Koneko could reply, I was gone.

I don't know where I'm going but I don't care. Maybe I was wrong? Maybe she didn't do that willingly? No she would've been able to stop Issei easily. He may be the red dragon emperor but he's insanely weak without juggernaut drive.

'Maybe he found a way to overpower her? Even if that was the case... I can't go back. If that was the case and I went back, she'd dump me for my lack of faith.' I thought to myself, tears dropping to the ground. Now I know I told her to talk to Kuroka and Ophis for me, but. I don't think I'd let myself live if I didn't have any of them by my side right now. So I thought for a few minutes and decided to find Ophis, considering Kuroka has gotten very close to Koneko, and would tell her about me. Ophis trusts me and only me, and she's very protective. I guess I am her mate. With that, I went to a part of the dimensional gap that Great Red never went near, and sent a telepathic signal to Ophis.

"Why have you called me, my mate?" Ophis appeared where I was. I told her everything, and of course since I was her mate, she believed me.

"So I was wondering if we could stay together for a while? At least until I'm ready to face everyone else again. Think about it, you could have your mate all to yourself." I say, ending with a smirk. My eyes widen when her face turns red, I didn't even know she could blush. Well, I guess being around me has taught her more about emotions.

"I'd love to stay with you Soren. But where will we go?" She asked. I smiled at her and pat her head.

"I know a place, my dragon goddess." She blushed at the nickname, and looked up at me with puppy eyes. Damn, she's even learned how to beg!

"Piggy back ride Soren?" She asked cutely, I grin and squat down, her getting on my back and resting her head on my neck.

Timeskip

When I made it to the abandoned mansion, I noticed Ophis was asleep. I smiled and walked in. On the outside it looked completely run-down and abandoned, but I found this place a few years ago and cleaned it up on the inside. I walk up the stairway to the master bedroom, and layed Ophis on the bed, I changed into pajama pants, leaving my shirt off, and lied down next to her. I stared at her sleeping face as she lightly snored. I pet her head and drifted off to sleep.

'I'm sorry I had to leave, everyone. I promise I'll come back someday, and I'll take Koneko back from that pervert. For now, I have an ouroboros dragon goddess to take care of.'

Sorry if the chapter isn't good. I just wanted to give you all a chapter since my updates haven't been consistent at all. If you don't like how the story is going please tell me. I need to know what way to make this story go to keep you all enjoying it. In the next chapter, it will be all about Koneko's pov in this situation, and maybe some ophis x soren but idk. And in the chapter after that, I'm thinking about making it a few years after he left, Koneko and kuroka never gave up on soren, and there is also going to be a BIG surprise that I won't spoil now, although I might foreshadow it. So yeah, hope you enjoyed! I'm trying my hardest to keep you all entertained.

Word count: 1240