He's Gone

*Koneko POV*

Issei's strength was surprisingly high. I couldn't stop him from kissing me, as tears flowed down my face.

"I didn't think I was asleep for that long" I hear from the bed. Issei's eyes widen and he stops kissing me, looking at the now awake Soren.

"Soren, it's not what it looks like." Issei stutters out.

"Be quiet Issei, if you talk any more I don't think I'll be able to hold back my anger." He says, Issei nods, looking down to the ground.

"I get it Koneko. You got bored of waiting for me to wake up, and you found someone else to make you happy. It's fine. As long as you're happy. I guess I'll be leaving now. I wish you two the best of luck in your relationship." He says, looking at me.

Tears start streaming from my eyes even harder.

"Soren I don't like him. I promise. Please don't leave." I say through sobs.

"Oh so you did it purely to cheat on me. Okay. I'm still leaving. I love you Koneko, tell Kuroka and Ophis I promise to marry them one day." Before the I could reply, he was gone. I fall on the floor, now crying out much louder than before. Everyone else came in the room and I explained what had happened, by the end of it Kuroka and I were holding eachother and crying, but through my tear filled eyes I could see Ophis disappear. Why would she leave? Maybe she wants to find him? I don't know.

"I know we're all sad that Soren left, but we can't let that distract us. We have to find him!" Rias announces to everyone.

"Nya~ I agree! We need to find Ren-kun before he finds a place to hide!" Kuroka says, wiping her tears and separating from me.  The rest of the ORC including me express our determination and we all start searching. Rias tells Issei to stay here considering he caused Soren running away, and she was also hurt because he kissed me. We all left the room to search, me punching Issei on the way out. 'Please come back brother'

Timeskip 2 weeks after Soren leaving

*Soren POV*

It's been 2 weeks since I left everyone. I miss them. Once or twice I heard someone outside my mansion yelling my name. I did my best to ignore it. I just woke up and felt a grip on my arm. I smile as I look over at Ophis. Ever since she came to see me she's been developing emotions and human traits. She's no longer just an emotionless dragon goddess.

"Ophis. Wake up. I'm gonna make breakfast." I say, slightly moving my arm. She opens her eyes and smiles.

"Good morning my mate. Did you sleep well?" She asks.

"Yeah I did sleep well. Did you? Seems you had a pretty good pillow." I smirk. She blushes realizing she's on my arm and moves back a little.

"Sorry Soren. I move in my sleep. I hope it didn't bother you..." She says, looking away. I chuckle.

"It's fine Ophis. Lets go have breakfast, okay?" She nods and we both get ready for the day. I make us scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. She eats most of it. Today is the day I tell Ophis what's on my mind. Hopefully she understands.

"Hey, Ophis?" I say, making her look at me.

"What is it Soren." She asks. I inwardly sigh and talk from the heart.

"I've been thinking a lot lately, and I've come to a realization. We will most likely be gone for at least a few months, and Koneko was the love of my life. Now I don't even have her or Kuroka. So my mate, I've decided I love you too. So will you be my girlfriend now that we can't go back to anyone else for a while? I promise you'll still be my girlfriend when we get back, but I'm determined to get Koneko back too." I ask. She blushes and looks down.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend my mate. Now I know what love really is." I smile and notice she still is looking at the ground. I get closer to her until I'm right in front of her, she sees my feet and looks up at me, eyes widening when I kiss her. We hold it until the lack of oxygen forces us to pull back. Panting, she smiles. I smile back.

"I love you Soren." She says staring into my eyes with a dreamy look in hers.

"I love you too my dragon goddess."

*Koneko POV*

It's been 2 weeks since Soren left us. We've all been looking for him, but everyone except me and Kuroka quit yesterday. We won't give up on him. I'm sitting in the living room in Issei's mansion, getting ready to start searching again. Kuroka is beside me, also getting ready. Everyone else walks in.

"Koneko, Kuroka, we know you miss Soren. We do too. But we haven't found him for 2 weeks now. You can still keep looking occasionally but please stop looking for him everyday. It isn't good for you." Rias says, the others nod.

"What?! You would just give up on him that easily? He's our brother, and he was starting to be a part of your family too! Nya~" Kuroka says.

"We aren't giving up on him Kuroka. But it's useless to keep searching if we haven't found him anywhere. We also have to focus on other things." Akeno says.

"Just forget about him. He's never coming back so just get over it. Maybe we could go on a date to take your mind off it girls?" Issei says with a perverted face. Kuroka blasts him with a magic circle.

"Whatever. Fine, you guys can stop looking. But we won't. I'll never give up on Soren. He was the love of my life and Issei made him leave!" I say, breaking into tears after. The looks of the ORC sadden, but they all leave.

'I'll never stop searching. I need you in my life Soren. Please come back.'

Just to clarify, Koneko is still main girl. But spending time with Ophis alone for 2 weeks made Soren realize he loves her too so they will be pairing until Soren comes back (next chapter). Also, sorry for the shorter chapters, but I'm trying my hardest to make it enjoyable and consistent. With the little idea i have left. So bear with me.

Word count: 1090