Chapter 8: Kitchen session {Edited}

|Time will pass, our bad day will pass and I will eventually be happy again.|

Grace's pov:

We were now back home. After the awful meeting with my parents, Xavier suggested we come back home.

I laid on my bed looking at the ceiling.

What can I do? I feel so bored right now. Maybe I should cook dinner too.

I stood up and made my way downstairs. Thankfully there was some grocery in the kitchen for me to cook this dinner.

 Thankfully there was some grocery in the kitchen for me to cook this dinner

A

after looking for all the ingredients, I decided to make chicken and tomato skillet with garlic and capers. It was a recipe that mom taught me when I was still in college.

The ingredients needed to be ground black pepper, olive oil, minced garlic, red onion, honey, tomatoes, salt and red wine vinegar.

I started to cook following the receipt mom taught me. It was smelling really good. When it was almost done, I chopped some fresh parsley and added it on top. It looked beautiful.

"I could get used to seeing you cook

"I could get used to seeing you cook."

I jumped startled at the voice. I turned back and saw Xavier leaning against the wall, watching me.

"Since when are you here?" I asked.

"Since you put the chicken in the sauce." He chuckled and made me shocked.

Damn, he was here all this time and I did not notice him!

"You have used the kitchen more than I did during all these months and you were here for only one day." He said walking beside me.

"I was getting bored so I thought of cooking," I said turning off the oven.

"My friend invited me to his bachelor party tonight and I have to go." He said and I nodded.

"Do you want to come with me? I can tell his fiancee you are coming with me." He suggested but I quickly shake my head no.

"I will be fine home, maybe I will meet her another day." I shrugged and he nodded.