Chapter One - A Place Where Two Times Meet

'I see it, Kairos.' 

'I see it too, it is happening.' he replied.

If you were to walk past these two, you would not distinguish them from any other elderly person, you might even, at a quick glance, think they were the same person, but there are slight differences between them. Kairos wears circular glasses, whereas Chronos prefers square; Chronos finds brown leather shoes suit him, Kairos on the other hand thinks that black leather is more appealing.

A singular tear cascaded down Chronos' cheek, a waterfall of sadness in the desert of calm that was his face.

You would be forgiven for thinking that they might be brothers; there relationship was only slightly different from that of brothers; they were the closest of friends, you could say that one could not be without the other, you would never see them apart.

'And so it begins.' Chronos said it as if telling someone a secret he had kept for a long time, and wished he didn't have to admit it.

They both were wrapped up in their big grey trench coat-esque jackets, they were happy to have them in this weather, the fresh snow of winter was beginning to set in, it was not late, but it was already dark enough to need street lamps to see by. Holding their grey hats down on their heads, fearing the gentle breeze that moved through the park.

'The beginning of the end.' Kairos said, as the snow began to fall thicker, as an announcement of the coming storm.