Chapter Fifteen - Reluctance of a Warrior

It was as if the retrieval of the key was but a dream, she had returned as if waking from one.

She looked down at the stone key in her hand, the only thing that made it seem real; it had all happened so fast, she hardly remembered defeating the four that she had found.

Her gaze shifted from the key she held to her master who stood before her, palm outstretched, ready to receive the key.

But she didn't want to give it to him.

Not really.

She had seatched for it.

She had fought for it.

It had called to her.

Even now she heard it whisper to her, although now it was quieter, as if it did not want her master to hear it, to hear where its allegiance truly lied.

Her hesitation won her a quizzical look from the master, she realised that to not give him the key would be to reveal that she did not want to, she could not risk his distrust, she had worked so hard to earn it, to earn the right to stand beside him, she could not risk that, even if the key longed for her - she would take the key later.

She held the key out to him, he took it, and as soon it was no longer in her hand, she didn't feel the need to have it anymore, as if a weight had been lifted, as if a chain had been broken.

That was another thing that was meant to drive them apart...

She was so busy thinking about her sudden revelation that she did not notice her master moving the key toward the lock.

The stone key glided through the stone that filled the keyhole, it clicked, a low click that resounded within the room. The master turned the key towards him, until the key was perpendicular to its entry position. A loud clunk was heard.

The door swung open.