Chapter Two - Liberty Falls to the Hands of Tyranny

Her bright blond hair hung loosely on the shoulders of her white suit, blowing gently in the wind that you only find near the peak of a mountain.

The ancient monastery that lay before her she viewed as little more than a rock that had to be moved to smooth the road for the coming storm. 

She looked upon the dwelling of the masters as little more than a shanty town she would demolish; her master had ordered it, and she would follow the order, no matter what stood in her way. She viewed these "masters" as mere novices next to her, the knew nothing of what could be accomplished with the Power, how enlightening it can truly be.

She moved toward the ornate entrance to the intricate network of rooms and tunnels that were carved in the rock face, the centuries of plants that had grown up the pillars that held it up, but it had resisted the natural weathering of time like a rock resisting an insect - with ease, the construct was meant to last, but she had other plans.

She did not bother with a stealthy approach, they would sense her coming long before she arrived. She felt no worry at this, the masters would pose no threat to her.

They were all here.

All seven of them pulsed with an aura that only the Power could give. Just as she could not hide from them, they could not hide from her.

She took a step forward, breathed in slowly, focusing herself, she swept her foot forawrd in an arcing motion, her arms pulsed with a steady marine blue, she brought her hands in close to her, and thrust them forward as if they were one, breathing out with it. The marine blue burst forth from her arms at the monastery front, it hit with a crash, causing rubble and some larger rocks to fall to the cliff like edge atop the mountain.

That should get their attention.

Seven hooded figures emerged from within, cloaked in black.

They spread out, as if guarding the entrance to the monastery, and assumed a preperatory stance.

It would soon begin - and it would soon be over.

The master two in from the left shot a pure purple spiraling pulse at her, she twisted to her left, her feet firmly planted in the ground, the pulse moved straight past her, cutting a nearby cloud in two.

A spectrum of blasts followed, she dodged them all with lightening grace, throwing back her own; the masters moved with expertise, but not with the ferocious grace she did, a shot of emerald green knocked a master down, he did not get back up.

She continued to dodge and dive, all of the masters' shots missing their marks, they were no match for her. Pulses of sunset orange, vibrant violet, and ruby red knocking down masters with ease.

The fighting did not last long, when only a singular master remained, she swept toward him with unnatural speed, he prepared a pulse, but she brushed it away with a flick of her wrist, it hitting the entrance and knocking more rocks down.

She grabbed him by the throat and held him high with unnatural strength.

'You have failed old man.' she spat at him, as something resembling a smile creeped onto her face, her master would be proud.

He tried to reply, but no more than a groan escaped from his lips.

Her arm began pulsing maroon at her shoulder, it spiraled its way down her arm to where it met his throat and left her hand, his skin began to glow maroon, his eyes red, and then all the light left them, and she tossed him to the side, gazing upon her victory with pride.