Chapter Seven - Hunting of the Night Hunters

'Are you sure this is safe?' Samson asked.

'Hmmm, let's think about that shall we?' Kai said, as they wondered deeper into the cave, 'Yes, if you consider walking right into the heart of the Kingdom of Sanguine the Destroyer a casual family outing.'

'We're fine.' Raphael said.

'Looks like the ice-creams are on Raphael,' Kai jested, 'can I have chocolate sprinkles on mine dad?'

'Shut up, Kai,' Raphael laughed, 'we're fine, James is going to open a window that'll show sunlight, that way, they won't be able to take on their vampire forms.'

'That's actually pretty good thinking.' Apphia complemented.

'I don't know about you guys,' Samson said, 'but I still think their human forms are completely creepy.'

'Oh, man up.' Lei said, sticking her tongue out at him.

Samson didn't find it as funny.

'So, what's actually your plan for when we run into them, you know, just before they eat us?' Kai quizzed.

'Just before they eat us, I'm gonna scream "Don't eat me! I've got worms!"' Raphael answered.

'Really?'

'No, ha ha.'

'I think being a vampire would be cool.' Apphia mused.

'Really?' Samson replied in surprised terror, 'I think it'd be horrible, imagine what you'd look like.'

'You wouldn't have to, no reflection.'

Samson paused for a second to ponder this, shrugged his shoulders and kept going.

'I've never come across prey that willingly wonders into my lap.' a voice hissed from the shadows.

Physical forms appeared in the shadows around them, one stepped forward, adorned with jewellery and a crown, Sanguine.

'Almighty King Sanguine the Destroyer of Worlds.' Raphael said, bowing slightly before him.

Sanguine's human form was to be feared, his grey skin and slicked back black hair emphasised his enourmous teeth that seemed to large for his mouth. His body was extremely muscular and toned, hinting at the supernatural strength which he possessed. His human form was harmless in comparison to his true vampire form, the form a vampire can take at will, unless sunlight hits them, which forces them into their human form.

'We come to you in need, begging for your assistance.' Raphael continued.

'Flattery will not win you my aid,' Sanguine snarled, 'but it will not hurt your chances.' he added, a smile breaking through, which didn't suit him, due to his abnormally large teeth.

 'Continue.' Sanguine motioned with his hand, his voice course.

'We fear a battle coming.'

'Vampires do not fear battle!' a cheer erupted from the mass of shadows.

'That, my king, is why we have come to you, as we believe that our enemy seeks to enlist the aid of lycans, I am aware of the treaty, but also your love for combat with them, and theirs with you.'

Lycans and vampires have been at peace, or as close as they can come, for centuries. Neither a vampire nor a lycan can die, both are truly immortal, that is their curse, that they should never leave this world and enter heaven or hell, chained to a single world. Because of this, some seek to go to the Nether Plane, another land, simply to experience something new, something else. However, being immortal led to the realisation that they could fight endlessly, with no consequences, which led to fighting becoming a sport. The treaty prevented them from fighting in a populated area, as both saw the complications involved with being hunted down by armies of mortal men.

Another awkward smile formed on Sanguine's grey face.

'How many lycans?'

'The most since the signing of the treaty, maybe even more.'

Sanguine raised his arms high.

'Then we will fight by your side!' Sanguine announced, he leaned in closer to Raphael, and almost whispered the next part, 'but we may not be enough for you to defeat this foe, I knew Uriah, I am far older than I appear, this was a time even he feared, you will need to gather others.' He assumed his previous stance, 'I will gather all of my kin, come when you need us.'