Promise

"...s dead."

"What?" The whisper was as soft as a breeze. This couldn't be happening.

"He's dead." The phone slipped from pale fingers.

No.

This can't be happening.

He isn't dead.

No.

Tsuna leaned against his desk, sliding to the floor. Tears streamed down his face, choked sobs escaping. Reborn can't be gone.

He picked up the fallen phone and launched it across the room, listening to it break into pieces when it slammed into the wall. Sobs racked his body, he couldn't breathe. The door slammed open but Tsuna payed no attention.

A presence ran in front of him with others following. Arms wrapped around his body, but he struggled out of them. Only one person could console him and he was gone.

"Tsuna-sama, what's going on?" He couldn't answer. He could barely process what he said. The only thing on his mind was...

Lambo ran up and pulled on Tsuna's sleeve. "Tsuna-nii? What's wrong?"

Again they got no answer, only sobs. Gokudera tried to comfort him. "Don't worry Reborn will be home soo-"

"No he won't! He won't! He will never be home again!" The words tasted bitter in his mouth.

The others' eyes widen understanding finally. Reborn is dead. The World's Greatest Hitman and their sky's love, was dead. Takeshi reacted first. He put a hand on Tsuna's shoulder and made Tsuna look at him. "Tsuna. Look at me." Watery chocolate eyes looked into calmer brown eyes. "You need to calm down. He wouldn't want this. He would want you to stay strong." Takeshi radiated his flames around him and flowed some through his hand on Tsuna's shoulder.

The rain flames made Tsuna's sobs quiet down and he just nodded to Takeshi's words. His eyes had started drooping and he fell forward onto Takeshi.

The others could do nothing to comfort their sky. The only one who could was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tsuna was standing alone in a field of sunflowers. The dirt in front of him was recently disturbed and 6 feet under his feet was the body of his tutor, his love, his Reborn. He didn't cry, he couldn't. His tears were spent over the last few days and he didn't have anymore to cry.

He knelt down in front of a tombstone.

Reborn
XXXX-XXXX
"Heroes get remembered
but legends never
die"

The gold lettering stood out against the black marble. Tsuna broke the silence. "Hey Reborn. I guess this is goodbye huh. Even in our world of baby assassins and time-traveling bazookas, there is nothing that can bring people back from the dead. Still...

"I wish you didn't leave..."

Tsuna couldn't stop the flood of memories. He put on a shaky smile and started to sing.

"You are my sunshine...

"Happy birthday Reborn!"

"Idiot, did you stay up just to say that."

"My only Sunshine...

"I wanted to wish you a happy birthday..."

The was a sigh. "Thank you. But I should be saying it to you. It's past midnight."

"You make me happy...

"Te amo, Reborn."

"Aishiteru, Tsunayoshi."

"When skies are gray...

"Hey Reborn. Do you really have to leave for that mission tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"You'll never know dear...

"It's just... my intuition..."

"It's only a small mission, Tsuna. I'll be back before you know it."

"How much I love you...

"Promise?"

"Please don't take...

"Of course. I'm the world's greatest Hitman afterall."

"My sunshine...

"Good luck Reborn! Stay safe!"

"Away...

"I'm sorry Decimo... Reborn's dead."

Tears started to splash onto the dirt. "Reborn... come back... please...

"You promised..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tsuna's eyes snapped open. He was welcomed with the sight of a dark room and he turned to the other side of the bed. He couldn't go back to sleep. Not with only nightmares awaiting.

He gets out of his bed and walks across the room. Exiting his room and walking down the quiet hallway, he thought about everything that had happened. The familia that killed Reborn was wiped out. Tsuna since then couldn't work. Everywhere he went he saw memories of Reborn. Laughing in the hallway, sleeping in their bed, even working beside one another.

He almost couldn't stand it. He walked to the window at the end of the hall. There was a window seat and Tsuna soon occupied it. Looking at the moon, he couldn't help but wish for his dark sun. His Reborn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Explosions were going off around him. There was a raid on the mansion. Everyone who could fight was fighting. Everyone who couldn't ran for safety. Tsuna had followed the boss to the dining hall and confronted him. The boss smiled before setting fire to the support beams, watching as the doors were quickly blocked by falling debris, the boss being under them.

Tsuna's leg got caught by some of the stone, the fire rained down around him. The walls, the ceiling, even some of the floor was covered in flames. The family was outside banging on the doors trying to get in. There was nowhere to go. Nothing he could do. As his HI rang, Tsuna spoke.

"Thank yo-

*Boom!*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tsuna shot up. He couldn't stop panting. A cool hand touched his cheek as his head was turned towards a dark figure.

"You're alive..."

"Of course I'm alive, Dame-Tsuna."

Tsuna didn't speak only buried his face in his lover's neck, his arms wrapping around Reborn.

It was only a nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi!
I hope you enjoyed!
See ya next time!