Monsters

A man sitting at his desk was in the crosshairs of a sniper a few hundred feet away. Breathe in. Breathe out. Squeeze the trigger.

The sound wasn't loud. It didn't command attention and even if it had made a loud noise the traffic from below would have covered it up. This building was empty on the few floors below the sniper's feet anyway.

The sniper packed up and slipped away before anyone could notice, leaving not a trace of him behind. Once out of the building, he blends into the crowd and pulls out his cell.

In perfect Italian, he tells the voice on the other line that he has completed the mission. Then he hangs up and continues his stroll down the street into the richer neighborhoods. This means it didn't surprise him to see the car pull up next to him.

"Get in."

The sniper smiles and slides into the passenger seat. Once inside he directs his smile toward his partner. "Hello, Reborn."

"Cielo."

"Any particular reason for the visit or did you just decide to grow a heart?"

"You owe me a favor."

That gets the newly named Cielo to focus. Reborn doesn't cash in favors unless the word is ending. He just doesn't. He likes to have thar power over people. This conversation isn't for fun. It's business.

Cielo looks out the window a cool demeanor replacing the light one earlier. "What's the job?"

"Vongola."

Cielo's face sours quickly. "No. Choose another time to use that favor. I am not helping that family." The sound of a gun cocking resonates in the car. "I mean it Reborn. Threatening will get you nowhere."

Reborn pulls up to an expensive home. Cielo raises an eyebrow. Weren't they heading to the Vongola? Why are they home?

"Tsuna." There it is. The sound of his name rolls off that tongue with too much familiarity.

"Renato." He won't lose this game.

"Will you at least listen, mio amore?"

He turns his head and glares. He hates it when Renato does that. He can't resist the butterflies in his stomach when he hears those words. "What? What could be so important about that family that you wou-"

"A coup." That causes Tsuna to freeze. His head snaps back toward Renato so quickly he swears he heard a pop.

"What."

"The Vongola wants to stage a coup. The future tenth's guardians wanted it. They said that they can't see that kid with the most powerful mafia in his hands. So their doing something about it."

Tsuna refuses. No. This is not happening. "What does that have to do with me?"

"Tsuna..." Tsuna gets out of the car and walks into their house of 5 years. He can hear Renato's footsteps follow him. He makes it inside and across the front room before Renato says anything else. "You know exactly why, Tsuna."

Tsuna stays quiet moving to get a glass out of the cupboard and get some water.

"Tsuna you know the ring will only accept bloodline. Beside that child, you are the only person who could wear it. Tsuna... you have to-" Renato was interrupted by the glass hitting the wall.

"I don't have to do anything! Not for that family! Not for my father or brother! Nothing!"

"I know Tsuna."

"You know what happened! What they did to me! Why I am what I am today! THEY RUINED ME!"

As if saying those words broke him, Tsuna slid down leaning against the refrigerator. Tears slid down his face as he sobbed.

As if approaching a wild animal, Renato goes to sit next to him. When he gets no negative reaction, he wraps an arm slowly around his partner. This prompts the brunet to turn in and rest his head on Renato's chest.

Renato shushes his cries and holds the sobbing hitman, running his hands through fluffy brown hair. Once the sobs quiet down, leaving slight sniffles, he whispers into the hair, "I know. We are not going to help them. We are going to ruin them. Tear down all they have built and put you in charge, able to make changes as you see fit. If you want you could disband it after. We need you, Tsuna."

There is silence and for a moment Reborn thinks that the brunet didn't hear him. Then, the head hesitantly nods.

Reborn whispers, "Thank you." Reborn may car for his pride, but Tsuna deserves it.

So Renato carries the hitman to the bed and lays him down under the cover. He dresses down some and slips in next to him. The second he was somewhat settled, the warmth of the brunet presses against his ribs.

Renato holds Tsuna smiling a rare smile. "You're not ruined. Rough around the edges, yes. Everyone is. What matters is not how you fall, but..." He lifts the brunet's head up to stare into cocoa eyes. "...how you pick yourself up after the fact. And you have done so wonderfully."

Tsuna blushes a tomato red and buries deeper into Renato's chest. Deep chuckles rumble in his throat.

Renato stares up at the ceiling long after Tsuna has fallen asleep. The moon allowed Reborn to see the dips and rises of his body. Reborn remembers the first time he found the child, all those years ago. Perfectly trained and yet perfectly broken. He glares at the ceiling.

It's because of them that Tsuna became tainted by the mafia. That he now is known as the second greatest hitman. They should hope that they never cross his path in the coup. He would kill them himself.

He glances back at the brunet, sleeping peacefully. I am coming for all of the monsters that ever touched him. I am coming for all those who twisted his stars into shadows. They turned him into a nightmare, so I am going to be theirs.

Reborn smirks at the darkness, images of violence in his mind.

And they'll never wake up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I'm back!
I almost forgot but here it is. I feel proud of my one week progress.

For those of you looking for background or explanations, there aren't any.There are some things that are just better left for the imagination. You're welcome to comment your own ideas. I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for Reading!
Hope you enjoyed!
Till Next Time!