EP- 03- A New Smile

Papers and Files...here and there...the usual year ending chaos. Annapurna was busy, Super busy with her paper work. She had to give the correct accounts to the Higher authorities, spent for the orphanage during that year. She felt sorry for Sujatha,as  she was not able to spent time with her. Finally, at noon, Annapurna managed to squeeze  little time for her sister. She spotted Sujatha in garden, strolling and pinching flowers.

"Sujatha..." Annapurna called out and Sujatha turned and smiled at her sister. "Feeling Bored??" Annapurna touched her shoulders.

"Nahi jiji...Bas don't have anything to do...so was just walking around"

"So that means ...You are bored" Both of them met eyes ones and laughed at their stupidity

"Sach mein Jiji.... Talking to you makes me feel free.... By the way, How's your work?" Sujatha asked adjusting Annapurna Dupatta and Hair which was looking rather messy

"Hectic" Annapurna sighed "But leave it .... Let's have lunch and gossip". Annapurna pulled Sujatha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sujatha was rather quite during the lunch. She slowly mumbled her food and just gave direct answers for Annapurna's questions. Annapurna could sense a distraction in Sujatha, maybe because of Sanskaar and Laksh ......or maybe it could be of Ragini's words. After Ragini left the room the day before Sujatha dint speak a word about the matter. Annapurna was really doubting whether Sujatha forgave Ragini or not.

"Sujatha......Sing a good song na... It's been a while you have sung for me" She tried to distract Sujatha from her thoughts".

"I stopped singing and dancing three years back Jiji" Sujatha replied . "Someone who enjoyed my songs and steps wont enjoy them anymore" Annapurna understood that her attempt to distract Sujatha backfired and eventually took her to more painful memory. But Annapurna is Annapurna, She never accepts failure.

"Arrey ... How can you reserve your talents for someone??....No Excuses...Come with me" She grabbed her and walked away , paying no heed to her weak protests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annapurna clearly knew where she was taking Sujatha, and she had two motives for that....to cheer up Sujatha and to confirm that Ragini's apology is being accepted.it was a Saturday...So it's an off day. Annapurna was sure that after lunch, Ragini would be there. She marched towards a room. Nearing the room, a beautiful melody could be heard accompanied by Sitar. Sujatha jerked for a moment and stood still at the door .

"Wow Jiji, What a beautiful voice .... Perfect Sur and Taal .... Wow Jiji ...Who is this??" Sujatha was elated

"Beautiful na.... She is same like you...Sings and dances very well. Whenever I see her, I remember you, Not as mischievous as you...and ya more mature than you" Annapurna teased

"Chup Jiji...Tell me who is this girl? Can I see her??"

Annapurna smiled and opened the door gesturing Sujatha inside. Ragini, deeply invested in her music dint notice her guests. Sujatha was visibly shocked and surprised. When Ragini finished her song, she was startled to see them. She hurriedly gets up and walks towards Annapurna

"Teacher Maa, Any Problem" Ragini was rather tensed

"Arrey ...Nothing Beta, I came to hear your songs. Why is it too quiet today?? Where are Rucha, Amrita and kids??" Annapurna asked warmly whereas Sujatha folded her hands and faced opposite, creating a tensed situation for Ragini.