EP - 67 - To the Roots

He stood in front of her. Her brother, Karthik Goenka. No. He wasn't supposed to be here. She never wanted to him to know the truth. That's why she chose to come when he was not home. Even when she threatened Janaki Goenka, with the audio clip, Ragini never indented to involve Karthik into this mess.

"Naira, take Kairav inside" Karthik demanded. Naira left the space with Kairav, occasionally looking back at Karthik.

Karthik was looking pale. Ragini wished that he didn't hear any of the drama happened. She just prayed that He just arrived now.

Karthik walked inside the mansion. As he reached Ragini, He halted and looked into her eyes.

"Bhai, I.." Ragini stumbled with words. Karthik avoided her and walked towards Mauli. He held her shoulders .

" Bua," Karthik's voice cracked. "Is this all true??". Mauli looked into his eyes.

Jananki,DD and Ashok shook their heads, pleading to Mauli.

"Is this why you called me back immediately" Karthik questioned

" Bua!!" Ragini gasped. Laksh, Sanskar and Swara had similar responses.

"Ha.." Mauli admitted. Karthik closed his eyes in pain. Naira rushed down after engaging Kairav and stood near Karthik

"At first I thought, you should be kept away from the truth, but then I felt that you should know everything" Mauli sighed.

" Bua..." Ragini walked towards Mauli. "You promised me to keep him away from this" Ragini complained with tears.

"Why Ragini Maheshwari??" Karthik snapped

Ragini was shocked with his behaviour. Laksh rushed to her

"If you keep me away from this truth, then how were you going to threaten them??" Karthik asked pointing his parents and grandparents.

Ragini stood with her legs tight unable the decipher Karthik.

" Karthik, Yaar please, Ragini was not.." Laksh words were interrupted by Karthik

" You were using me as a bait to protect your Laksh, Right??" Karthik accused

" Bhai..." Ragini's voice cracked, " No.."

"Until when Ragini??" Karthik held her by shoulders. Laksh and Naira tried to separate them.

" Until when are you going to protect me Ragini??" Karthik laid his head on Ragini's shoulder and sobbed.

The hall went silent except for Karthik's sobs. Ragini was feeling miserable for putting her brother through this. They both didn't deserve this from life.

Karthik raised his head and cupped Ragini's face.

"Ragini, Why are protecting Me??" Karthik squeaked. " I am the one who destroyed your life. Its because of me , you had to lead a dreadful life."

" No Bhai..." Ragini denied. "It was never because of you. We both know that." Ragini wiped Karthik's tears.

"Don't blame yourself for the bad deeds of others." Ragini consoled Karthik.

Karthik swiftly turned to his parents

"I can't still believe that you people were so pagan that you allowed my sister to live like an orphan...." Kathik's voice broke. "That too for your utter superstitious beliefs."

" Karthik, Beta listen.." Janaki walked to Karthik

" Don't even try " Karthik warned Janaki. Janaki retrieved her steps.