EP - 60 - They Have Come For Her

Ragini's head was spinning.She didn't know what was going on, where she was going ... ..nothing!!!. A cold blankness covered her. . She allowed Laksh to take control of her moments. Laksh made her sit in the passenger seat of his car, secured her belt and rushed to the driver's seat. Laksh drove out and hit the road in no time. Ragini saw a different kind of worry on Laksh's face. She could sense his nervousness. His body generated a unique kind of insecurity.

What had just happened??. Laksh drags her out of Sanskar' party with lame excuse. She tried to protest initially but gave in, sensing something odd in his behavior. Then a random lady comes and claims to be her mother, supported by a random Man.One thing was clear for her. They were not lying.It's not because she felt some kind of Mummy Daddy thing from them. In fact she felt very strange standing near them.She was easily convinced because she saw Laksh trembling. She could easily map from Laksh's face that he knew about this certain fact.

" They are my Parents............. Right??" Ragini asked gently.

Laksh stressed his leg on brakes, hearing Ragini's question. Laksh looked into Ragini's eyes.Her eyes were hollow. No feelings or hope .But Laksh's eyes displayed Anger, confusion and uncertainty.Ragini could see that Laksh was shaken internally, as if something catastrophic had unleashed and he has lost control over it.

" Yes" Laksh whispered, without breaking his eye lock with Ragini. Ragini felt that he was trying to read her mind, trying to inspect her feelings.

"How long have you been aware of this?" Ragini asked

"A week... The Day when we went to get Badi maa, to bring her for Sanky's marriage"

Ragini's throat tightened. She clearly remembers that day.. When Laksh and Badi Maa came hurt, and the next day, when that man named Sudharshan came to Maheshwari house.. She saw that man at the reception. She was wondering why Adarsh Bhaiyya's business partner, that too the lesser known partner, attended Sanskaar's reception. She convinced herself that, Sudharshan may be Gadodias' acquaintances too

" Does this have anything to do with you and Badi Maa getting Hurt that day."

Laksh nodded positive " Even Gautham was hurt that day."

"Did that man Sudharshan hurt you?? Is he connected to...." Ragini paused abit, " to them??

" Yes... I think he is their prime heck-man." Laksh said. He looked at her, waiting for her questions

" Laksh.... I want go home..." Ragini said, looking straight. Laksh was surprised by her words, He nodded and drove the car to Maheshwari Mansion maintaining silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the journey they maintained silence. And this silence was killing Laksh. The quietness with which Ragini was handling the matter...that too a matter that concerns her roots, disturbed him. He wanted her to talk to him, question him on why he hid the fact from her. But nothing of that sorts happened. She was awfully calm. And that exactly scared him. As far as he knows Ragini, If she is calm and quiet in the exterior, there is a storm inside her. Laksh couldn't bear this. But he knew that his feelings were not important, Right Now. But She was.Laksh decided to let things move according to her will.

As soon as they entered their room, Ragini got hold of her night dress and signaled Laksh that she was going to the washroom

" Don't bolt" Laksh said, with concern

" You know Na, that I dont bolt nowadays," Ragini said with a warm smile. That smile was a soothing factor for Laksh at the moment.

Ragini did not bolt her washroom's door, after her pregnancy started. During her initial days of Pregnancy , she had episodes of fainting and being nauseous. So, Sanskar suggested her to take care and not to bolt , while using the washroom, so they can help her, in case of emergency. It became a habit for Ragini. But now it was not only the matter of pregnancy. Laksh was really concerned about what is going in her mind.