EP - 62 - Consequences of Loving Her

Having stalled her Honeymoon for a little time ahead and with Ragini in her maayka, Swara was bored at Maheshwari mansion. Laksh and Sanskar were always busy with work. So,Swara decided to join Maheshwari Exports and Imports as the head of Acquisition and Merger department. Laksh equipped Swara with his best team and a fantastic cabin. On her first day,Swara went around the office to familiarize with the place. After getting a vague glimpse of things, Swara snailed back to her cabin. This space was new for her. She tried to wrap it around her head.But it was not working. Everything was muddled and she needs time to organize herself.She took a break from work last year, to shift back to Kolkata from London. So to be honest, she lost touch of things.

" Knock Knock....Coffee... anyone??" Swara saw her best friend and her new Boss Lucky urf Laksh Maheshwari at her door with two mugs in his hand. Swara smiled at him. Laksh came in and sat opposite her. Swara took a mug from him and had heavy sips.

" I miss Ragini's coffee" Swara exhaled sharply

"Hmmm" Laksh nodded. It has been 2 weeks since Ragini went to Goenkas. Their house definitely turned to a 'Silence Please' Zone. Laksh and Sanskar literally stopped talking. Swara knew that Laksh and Sanskar were considerably attached to Ragini. After initial episodes of being jealous, Swara was able to handle the particular fact with grace. After living with Ragini, knowing her and sharing thoughts with her, Swara herself found her to be Ragini's loved one.She could easily map why people find them attached to Ragini. Ragini was life. A person who kept her loved ones, secured. Swara was really surprised on how Ragini managed to take a stand for Swara, despite being insulted by her earlier. She knew that it was because Ragini valued and respected Sanskar. Swara only expected Ragini to treat her as Sanskar's wife, after their marriage owing to their clash. But Ragini always made her feel like a sister. This made Swara find her a place in Maheshwari Family, easily. Ragini always stood as a shield for Swara, when she needed help. And their relationship grew stronger enough that Swara feels responsible for Ragini's happiness.

"You are missing her, Na" Swara asked in a soft tone

" Should you even ask that?" Laksh took a sip of his coffee. His eyes had dark circles."She calls me daily...Keeps tab on my food and sleep....But I miss her being near me"

" Are you going to meet her today??" Swara asked

" Yup," Laksh said. Laksh visited Ragini almost on all alternative days.But never stayed at The Goenkas. "I hate it, to see their faces, But i must go to her. Otherwise I might go Mad"

" Laksh... You need to stop this!!!...." Swara snapped. "Why can't you be nice to Goenkas. They are her parents.. You should stop acting as she is a small lamb sent to a butcher house.." It is her family God Damn It!!!... Her Mother!, Her Father!... Her family!. Stop treating them like criminals... Would you like it if Sanskar treats my Parents like this??"

" Don't even compare Mishti Maa and Shekhar Papa to them".Laksh snorted a chuckle.... "Don't talk about something you have minimum knowledge of, Shona..."

" Oh really" Swara had anger fueled up in her mouth. "Then tell me about it... Give me that maximum knowledge about the situation.."

Laksh kept quiet and sipped his coffee..

" Laksh... If it is because they hurt Badi Maa and bad mouthed her., It was because they misunderstood her...." Swara tried to reason with Laksh."God Forbid, If you and Ragini are kept away from your baby and had to go through the same pain...what would you have felt??".

" Shona" Laksh said calmly...." We would never be in such a situation.... " Laksh said with utmost confidence. ... "Anyway... leave it... Let's talk business,Mrs Maheshwari... I am here to give you, your First assignment" Laksh easily diverted Swara's attention.