EP - 68 - My Daughter

Karthik rested his hands on his knees and panted. As his breathing steadied, He stood straight and stretched his limbs to adjust his body out of the vigorous jog. It's been 2 days after the 'Great Goenka reveal' and from then, Karthik was never peaceful. He juggled himself with his work, taking care of a pregnant Naira, playing with Kairav, to keep himself busy. But he was unsuccessful in his mission to distract himself. As soon as he lay to sleep, the face of his baby sister, when she was just 20 day old filled his brain. And even if he barely slept with difficulty, her cries became his nightmare. He sneaked from bed without waking Naira and assigned himself to sweat out calories along with Ragini's painful memories in the early morning at 6 am.

Karthik's mobile beeped a message. He pulled it out from the pockets of his track pant. As expected, It was his sister Ragini

"Bhai, Can we meet before you leave... Pleasseeeee"

A sullen smile appeared on his face. It was almost hundredth time Ragini was sending him message with one or the other silly queries, like;

Bhai, If I come to Delhi anytime soon, Where will I able to get the best Khulad Chai???

Bhai, do you like Titanic??

Bhai , How was your first kiss???

Karthik sighed. These were silly ones, but also the most basic ones she wanted to know about her brother. He too wanted to know a ton about her, He wanted to gift her favourites on Rakshabandhan, and He wanted to pacify her when she would complain about her fights with Laksh. In a few days, He really wanted to live a life as Ragini's brother. He believed that they had forever as siblings. But No, He had to cut off her for a while, at least for her peace.

That doesn't mean that Karthik would ignore his sister's message. He never did, He promptly replied them and even asked counter questions.

Ya Dear, We will meet as soon as I finalise my departure date. How about a only Bhai- Behen date?? No spouses.. What say?

Karthik replied and smiled at image on his mobile wall paper, a candid picture of him Naira, Kairav and Ragini, clicked by Mauli Bua.

Hssh.. Hshh

Karthik was startled by the hustles behind him. He turned to see two silhouettes moving, covering their heads, approaching the main gate. He followed them without being noticed. Karthik peeped outside the main gate to see his parents getting in a car, in a very sneaky mood.

" Sun, Babu" His father called out their driver. "You dropped us at the Mandir, Understood??? That should be your answer."

Babu replied with a curt nod

"Karthik shouldn't know about this visit of ours," His mother blurted out. "He warned us against meeting them"

"Ji madam, App hoo kar ayiye, Yahan hum sambhaloonga" Babu assured.

Karthik's parents got into the vehicle and rushed in lighting speed.

Karthik stood at his place, with panic in his heart.

"Are they going to meet Ragini??" fear filled in Karthik. "No... they can't meet her, I won't allow them to hurt her anymore". A determined Karthik sprinted back to his house, to fetch his car keys.

Karthik entered the main dining hall in rage.

"Karthik .." Mauli Bua called out.

Karthik moved in without paying heed to his aunt. Mauli bua sensed a foul play and was about to follow him . Karthik returned , to the hall, descending the stair case in hurry. anger stricken face worried Mauli and Dadaji, who happened to enter the hall after his routine morning prayers.