4

chapter 4:

trigger warning(s) [mentions of]: drunk people, sex, anxiety.
tw rating: mild

chapter summary:

Garrett goes to the squad for advice
-

Garrett had tried multiple times to contact Andrew. He tried calling, messaging him, and even stopping by his house. "Andrew please I know you're home, your car is in the parking lot." Garrett sighed and eventually gave up, returning to his own house.

Garrett wasn't sure what to do. Was there anything he could do? A day had passed and both Garrett and Andrew had gotten a text from Shane about filming a video tomorrow night. Garrett hesitated but decided it would be seized this opportunity to at least try and talk to Andrew again.

Andrew on the other hand, couldn't decide. He knew he couldn't avoid Garrett forever, due to multiple reasons. Andrew waited until the morning to decide to go. I mean he was getting paid for it.

Garrett was the first to arrive, hoping Andrew was already there. He was slightly disappointed not seeing his car in the driveway. Garrett knocked on the door and Ryland opened as usual.

"You don't need to knock, Garrett. You can just walk in." Ryland told him.

"Yeah, I know, but remember what happened last time I walked in?" Garrett answered back.

"Oh yeah." Ryland replied sheepishly walking into the kitchen. Shane made his way downstairs and spotted Garrett on his couch.

"Wait, where's Andrew? You two always come here together?" It was more of a statement then a question. But it was true. Garrett would always pick up Andrew on his way to Shane's. If they aren't already hanging out together.

"I, uh, I don't really know." Garrett admitted nervously.
"We haven't really talked for like two days, so." Garrett answered honestly, receiving an expected shock that was on Shane's face.

"What? Did something happen? Is he alright?" Garrett could hear Shane's voice raise in concern.

"Oh no! Nothing happened to him! He's just not speaking to me. Just me." Garrett clarified causing relief to wash over Shane's concerned face.

"Why? What happened?" Garrett wasn't sure what to tell him, did he want to expose Andrew like that? Was it his place to tell?

"What time did Andrew say he was coming?" Garrett asked to be sure he had enough time to explain.

"In about 2 hours, he said he'd be here at noon." Shane told him, Garrett bit his lip. Looking away deciding in his head whether or not to tell his friend.

"Alright, I'll tell you, but only because I need some advice. Shane looked satisfied with his response.

"Don't tell Andrew I told you this! He'll never forgive me, well I'm not sure if he'll forgive me now..." Garrett started rambling off topic.

"Garrett!" Shane yelled to get control of his attention.

"Oh! Right, right." Garrett looked at his best friend, bracing himself for what he was about to say.

"Remember that party we went to?" Shane nodded recalling the night in his head: drinks, drunks, dances.

"Yeah?"

"Well Andrew and I got drunk, like really drunk. And uh, I slept with him." Garrett blushed hard refusing to make eye contact.

Shane screamed a 'what' in response, alarming Ryland and Morgan to join the conversation.  They all watched in shock as Garrett told the story. Ending it with "I don't understand why he was angry." After that Morgan decided to speak up.

"Andrew was here the morning after, he wanted to know what happened. I found some pictures on my phone of you two making out in the cab." Morgan showed them the pictures.

"But he failed to mention you guys did the frick frack." Morgan mentioned.

"Maybe he was embarrassed?" Ryland questioned, Shane gave him a look.

"Well you know, Andrew did say he was straight. Maybe he doesn't want to let you down or lead you on." Ryland gave a simple explanation.

"Or maybe he is GAY but doesn't want anyone for some secret reason." Shane gave a difficult approach. Ryland seemed to try to make things more simple compared to Shane, who, well, did the opposite.

Garrett started to panic. Morgan put her hands on his shoulders to calm him down.

"Look Garrett, whatever it is, you'll find out and it'll be okay." Garrett took a deep breath and nodded, giving Morgan a thank you smile. He let Morgan know to take her hands off Garrett. (Cause no hetero)

Shane and Ryland continued bickering and making theories, but Garrett interrupted them. "I need advice."

This had shut them all up immediately returning to Garrett for his situation.

"Andrew won't talk to me, he's been ignoring me and I'm not sure what to do about it." Shane let out an honest sigh.

"I think the best thing to do is let Andrew talk to you. He'll talk to you whenever he's ready." Garrett looked hopeful at first but this wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"Alright." Garrett agreed, I guess that's all he could really do. He wasn't going to fight or deny it.

"Don't mention any of this to Andrew, he can't know I even told you guys. It'll probably make it worse." They all nodded understandingly.