8

chapter 8:

trigger warning(s) [mentions of]: stitches
tw rating: mild

chapter summary:

Home and apologies

-

Throughout the numbing and stitching, Andrew held Garrett's hand as tight as possible. His fear of needles almost made him pass out. Andrew had looked away but was still afraid and asked Garrett to change the subject.

Garrett decided to ask about Jamie, Andrew's white cat, as a distraction. Andrew laughed at Garrett as he made jokes and soon enough the stitching was over. The doctor left the room once again to get the papers for antibiotics that would help with the pain. Andrew smiled at Garrett as he noticed they were still holding hands.

"What?" Garrett asked, noticing the small smile across his friends face.

"Nothing." Andrew answered, not daring to look away.

After being stitched up the two men almost forgot that the police were there. Andrew was to talk to them alone, asking him variety of questions. Andrew answered them all.

Soon the squad left. They all had decided to just go back to Shane and Ryland's house because it was truly their second home. On the way there, Shane left out a random laugh which filled the silence that lingered in the air.

"This was one fucked up day. Andrew got stabbed and we got it all on camera. How the hell did this even happen?" Andrew laughed at Shane's remark.

"You're telling me, you recorded me getting stabbed?"

Shane replied with a mouth pop and a joke. They all got out the car when they arrived home. Morgan and Shane went inside first to get the dogs out so they wouldn't jump on Andrew.

Then eventually they all sat on the couch together at once. Morgan sat by herself and decided to order a pizza, while Shane and Ryland sat together. Garrett hesitated before deciding to sit next to Andrew.

"So.." Garrett started causing Andrew to look at him.

"Yeah?" Andrew replied almost cracking a smile at him.

"You're talking to me again." Shane rolled his eyes at Garrett.

"Yeah no shit honey." Shane told him sarcastically.

"Can we talk, Andrew? About that night?" Andrew bit his lip almost afraid to find out what Garrett had to say. But Andrew did agree.

"We'll be outside with the dogs. I ordered pizza anyways." Morgan told them before working up the nerve to stand up and walk out. Shane and Ryland then followed her.

"Don't kill each other." Ryland muttered under his breath making sure the door didn't hit him on the way out.

"So.." Garrett picked up where he left off.

"They know?" Andrew asked bluntly, sitting up.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Andrew I didn't mean to embarrass you. I was just desperate to talk to you-"

"Garrett stop. I just want to know why you left." Silence filled the air.

"I don't know why I left," Garrett said honestly.

"I was afraid that if you found out that it was me you'd be weirded out." He put a hand through his hair as he grew nervous that Andrew stayed quiet.

"I apologize that I scared you. I never meant to hurt you." Garrett looked at Andrew as Andrew bit his lip, his nervous habit was getting on Garrett's own nerves.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry I didn't let you speak. I was just too focused on one thing that i just made assumptions instead of speaking with you." Andrew told him, grabbing Garrett's hand and then pulling him into a hug.

"Thank you." Garrett squeezed Andrew in the hug.

"Are you guys done being gay yet? The pizza is here." Ryland interrupted swinging the door open with Shane and Morgan following from behind.

Andrew and Garrett pulled away the hug while blushing like mad.

"Yeah i think so." Garrett replied looking towards Andrew in which he replied with a smile and a nod. The two boys stood up and followed into the kitchen to joined in to get some pizza.

Garrett and Andrew still had some things to work on and talk about but it could wait for now.