6

chapter 6:

trigger warning(s) [mentions of]: homophobia, slur, stabbing
tw rating: mild

chapter summary:

The squad arrives to film a video- things don't go as planned

-

As soon as they arrive, they scramble out of Shane's car. Andrew had heard Shane do a mouth pop which triggered him to laugh as he makes a face. Andrew went out the right door where Morgan was, following her. Shane then asked him to film him driving into the garage. The place looked dirty, like it was auto car shop. Oil was about everywhere and it smelled like gasoline.

"Woah woah woah there buddy! What do you think you're doing!" Some angry old guy started yelling at Shane and Andrew zoomed in on their faces as this guy starts yelling in his face.

"Where's Keith?" Shane asks and they all assume that's the guy who he's been talking with on the phone. Andrew zooms in and out on Shane as he tries to figure out the situation.

"Who the hell is that!?" This old man went on, obviously beyond pissed. Ryland decided to assist the situation with Shane.

"I'm sorry sir, we were obviously misled or something we'll go." Ryland grabbed Shane's hand and pulled him away. A dramatic gasp was heard from the oily man.

"Oh hell no! No faggots are allowed here!" Shane and Ryland looked shocked and Andrew. filmed Morgan putting her hands over her mouth in surprise herself.
To everyone's surprise, the angry old man started kicking at Shane's tires. Garrett had judged that he was probably drunk. Andrew was about to put the camera away but Shane whipped his head towards him.

"Andrew, don't stop filming!" He yelled and Shane and Ryland backed up from the man, unsure to enter the car or not. Then they seem to walk back towards the three behind them. Garrett is suddenly in front of Andrew and he looks like he's going over there, Shane turned his head as Garrett walked by. Shane went to say something but couldn't spit it out. Garrett didn't notice the man pulling out a pocket knife.

"GARRETT!" Andrew screams as he shoves the camera to Morgan which made her stumble back because she's clumsy. Andrew had ran over to Garrett as he turns to look towards him. The man seemed to take this as an advantage and everything went too fast.

The man stumbled knife first and Garrett turned around so fast. Andrew didn't know what to do so he had kicked Garrett's legs to trip him, making him fall and Andrew fell along with him as if he was sliding into a home run.

Apparently the man tripped also and the pocket knife dove into Andrew's calf, causing him to yell out in pain.

It was funny. Andrew loved playing baseball, usually with his brothers back home. But this was a different kind of game he's ever played.

Shane and Morgan stood in shock, not sure if what they just witnessed was real or not. Ryland on the other hand was brought to reality and pulled out his phone as fast as he could and dialed 911. Garrett noticed his legs were entangled with Andrew's and moved out from under him. Garrett then sat up and noticed the pocket knife jammed into Andrew's leg. He was yet to say something then noticed the older man had gone. He had disappeared.

Andrew took a sharp breath as the pain in his calf was really getting to him. Adrenaline finally wearing off from the events before. Garrett took notice of Andrew about to freak out. He was now squatting over Andrew, and he looked at him. Andrew's breath trembled, on the verge of an anxiety attack approaching. Garrett took Andrew's hand.

"Deep breaths, Andrew." Andrew did as he was told. Garrett looked up at Shane and saw Ryland on the phone. Shane, Ryland, and Morgan all went over to where they were. Ryland was the first to speak.

"I told the hospital we were on our way and that the cops were going to meet us there." He told everyone. Shane then spoke up.

"Okay what the fuck just happened? Andrew was literally stabbed by some old man? What the fuckk??" Morgan stayed silent. Unsure of how to respond.

"I don't know whether to laugh or cry or what."

"Let's get him in the car." Garrett suddenly said, Ryland niddedopening the car door for them.

"Alright, Morgan help me walk him into the car." Morgan then handed the camera to Shane and put an arm around Andrew as Garrett was doing.

"On three," Garrett said, in a squatting position about to stand up.

"One, two, three!" They both stand up and Andrew whispers an 'ow'

"Sorry," Morgan mumbles and they slide into the car.

Andrew's head laid on Garrett's lap and his stabbed leg laid across Morgan's own leg. His other leg dangled onto the floor.