Čhâptër 5

<><><><><><><><><>
Taehyung
<><><><><><><><><>
West Side

______________________

I remember the day my brother missed his admission ceremony into the military. I was six at the time, making Baekhyun nineteen. I lay lazily in my bed, while he sat beside me with worry in his eyes. We could hear the pledge outside. When they mentioned the name of our president, Baekhyun stood up and saluted. He just accepted another term of presidency. That would make this his ninth.

"Baek, you don't have to sit here with me. Go to your admission. I'll be sick either way."

He didn't say a word as he placed a wet towel on my head.

"Yeah, but I'll be inducted either way."

"But, it's Commander Minho... He won't like that you're skipping. He'll probably mark it on your records. I don't want you kicked out like some street pig."

"Don't call people that, it's rude. Commander Minho can't and won't kick me off his patrol. Besides, I can always hack into the databases and clear it all."

He grinned and tapped my nose. I've always wanted to become like my brother. Captain of my own patrol.

"I guess you should skip more often. Maybe you'd have time to find a girlfriend."

Baekhyun chuckled, replacing my rag that he had made newly wet.

"I don't have time for a girlfriend. I have to take care of my little bro!"

"C'mon, you need a girlfriend someday!"

"...We'll see...."

I furrowed my eyebrows and look Baekhyun straight in the eyes.

"Baek, did mom ever do this? Take care of me when I was sick?"

"Don't be stupid, of course she did! She was much better at it than I am."

"Well, I think you do a great job."

"If you say so."

"And...you'll stay with me, right? You won't leave like Mom or Dad?"

Baekhyun then placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Forever and ever, kid. Even if your sick and tired of me."

________________________

Something doesn't feel right. The city lights have turned off, just as Baek said. Nothing but oil lamps light up the area. I've dressed in my training uniform, a black leather jacket and leather pants with sleek combat boots.

I suddenly hear knocking at the door, and I'm honestly glad it's not Baekhyun. He'd see my outfit and know that I'm going to train when he told me not to move.

It was Yoongi, looking like his polished self. But, something about him was...off. He pretends to smile, though I can easily see though it.