Ćhäptęr 4

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jungkook
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

West Side

________________________

Once I was in the bathroom, I abandon my act. I splash water on my face until the pig blood and mud has come off. I unzip my boots and take out my knives, placing them in my belt. Finally, I take out the cloth from my pocket and tie it around my mouth and nose. If someone catches me, I'll have to run. Might as well hide my features as best I can.

Once I finish, I use the end of one of my knives to unscrew the bathroom's vent. I clip the ID tag to my shirt, and enter the tight vent headfirst. I inch along as fast as I can. This vent isn't long enough to take me to the third floor. But, it'll at least take me away from the guards at the lobby. I inch a little further, until the vent comes to a dead end. I look through it, and make out that I've made it to a stairwell. The floor was a blinding white. But, most importantly, empty. I shove the vent cover, and it's comes flying off. I take a good look at the stairwell.

A big, symmetrical area, with tiny windows and an enormous spiraling staircase.

There's no way I'm getting through here with stealth.

I only need speed.

Run it.

I squeeze out of the vent and dash up the stairs. The security cameras must have an eye on me. An alarm will sound  at any second.

Second floor.

Third floor.

I'm running out of time. As I approach the door to the third floor, I tear off my ID tag and swipe it against the door. The alarm still hasn't gone off. The handle suddenly clicks.

I'm in.

I throw the door open. I walk into a room filled with pots and chemicals burning inside. You can smell it in the air. Doctors and soldiers stare at me with startled faces.

I grab the first person I see, a young doctor near the door. Before any of the soldiers could point their gun in my direction, I pulled out one of my knives and hold it against the man's throat. Gasps and screams could be heard throughout the room.

"Shoot me, you'll hit him instead." I call to the soldiers. All of their guns are now focused on me. The doctor shakes in my hold. I press my knife harder against his neck, but I make sure I don't hurt him. I whisper in his ear.

"I won't hurt you. Tell me where the cures are."

The doctor lets out a whimper, but complied and gestures to a refrigerator in the corner of the room. The soldiers are hesitating, but one then calls to me.

"Release the doctor, now! Put your hands up!"

I swallow a laugh. Seriously? This guy must be a new recruit. I carefully, but quickly cross the room with the doctor, then stop at the refrigerator.

"Show me."

The doctor opens the fridge with a trembling hand. A wave of icy air hits us.