Čhåptėr 7

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jungkook
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
East Side

_____________________

I'm dreaming about home again. Yujin sits on the floor, drawing some kind of shape on the floorboards. She's about three or four years old, with cheeks still round with baby fat. She sometimes walks up to me to critique her work. Seokjin and I are bunched in on the sofa, trying to fix the radio that dad had brought home for us so many years ago.

"It'll tell us what areas have the disease." He'd said.

Now it sits on our laps, broken and worthless.

Mom stands alone in our tiny kitchen, trying to make dinner. Her hands are bandaged, probably from her work at the City Square. She tries to cut into bread, hands trembling in pain.

I try to help, but my feet are glued to the ground.

After a while, I look over to see Yukon's drawing. At first, it all just seemed like jumbles of shapes. But, when I look closer,

he was drawing soldiers breaking into our house.

He was drawing with a blood red crayon.

I suddenly wake up. Dim street lights filter in through a narrow window. The faint sound of rain fills me ears. I'm inside what seems like an abandoned children's room, with blue and yellow wallpaper that was peeling. Two candles light them room and a small wooden desk. The children's bed barely fits my legs, my knees and below hanging of the foot of it. A soft pillow cushions my head. When I try to shift, I groan in pain and close my eyes.

The sound of Jimin's voice makes me feel better.

"Can you hear me?"

"Not so loud." My voice whispers through dry lips. My head throbs with a sharp headache. Jimin recognizes my pain and stays quiet. The pain feels like it's slamming into the back of my head, not wanting to quit. After an eternity, my headache seems to lessen. I open my eyes.

"Where am I? Are you okay?"

Jimin's face comes into view. His blonde hair is slightly messy, lips a healthy pink and pulling a smile.

"Am I okay? You've been knocked out for over two days. How are you doing?"

I wince in pain, throbbing waves coming in every so often.

"Fantastic."

Jimin's smile fades.

"You pulled a close oneclosest one yet. If I hadn't found someone willing enough to take us in, I don't think would've made it."

Everything rushes back to me. The hospital entrance, the stolen ID tag, the stairwell and laboratory, the long fall, my knife thrown at the captain, the sewers.

The medicine.

The medicine.

I try to sit up, but I move too fast and bite my lip from the pain. My hand instinctively grabs at my wrist, but there's no bracelet to grab. My chest aches.