[33] The fox of thieves

The next day, you headed to school. You felt bad, you had a lot to explain to Chat Noir, and had to make an excuse to your friends. Regardless, it's not like you could just casually say "haha I'm Ladybug by the way." As you walked up the stairs, you were surprised to hear the gasps of your friends. "(Y/N)!" You heard Alya say. You quickly ran up to them, smiling. "Alya, Nino, Adrien!" You said. Suddenly, Alya toppled you in a hug. "Girl! Where were you?" She asked. You were at a loss of what to say for a moment, you expected that question, but dreaded it. "We were worried sick, man!" Nino said, adrien nodding in agreement with him. You thought for a moment on what to say, worried they'd figure something out. "Oh um... I was sick all day yesterday and I just rested. I never even checked my phone, " you said. "Sorry I worried you all." Alya frowned as if she was considering something for a moment, and then smiled softly.

"It's okay, I understand, " she said. "I'm sorry you were so sick, though, " Alya said. Adrien made a sort of expression that looked like he knew something he wasn't supposed to. "I'm sorry you were sick, dude!" Nino said. "Yeah, but I'm glad you're feeling better, " Adrien finally said. You knew were lying, but what else were you supposed to say? After that though, your day continued as it normally would any other day. Despite multiple people greeting you, asking what happened. You were surprised so many people noticed your disappearance. Although, you were friends with a lot of them. were all in class, in the middle of a lesson, when you heard the sudden ear-piercing sound of glass shattering. It seemed that everybody in the room turned their head to face whatever made the sound.

There was a girl with two large red pigtails. She wore a kitsune mask over her face, but somehow looked angrily amused. She wore a black kimono and had nine red and whitetails. She looked like she had come directly out of folklore, sort of. She started laughing like a maniac. The laughter was honestly terrifying and felt so unnatural. The laughter went on for at least a minute, which only made you less at ease. For once, nobody screamed. But, they all had fear on their face. "I've come to play a little game with you all!" She finally said, giggling again. All at once, ten of her appeared at once, like she multiplied herself. All of the duplicates started laughing, it was so loud that a window could shatter. It felt like they were taunting you all at once, which made the situation even more creepy than it already was.

You knew to stay was a horrible idea, so you needed to leave. Luckily, a student had already opened the door and made a run for it. You quickly jumped up from your seat and ran out, along with Adrien, Nino, and a few other students. Suddenly, you heard the door slam shut. You felt bad, knowing that students were trapped there. But, you knew at the same time that the best thing you could do for them is get away and transform. You ran down the stairs and into the locker room. Luckily, nobody else got the idea to go in there. Tikki quickly flew out of your bag, per usual. "Tikki, spots on!" you yelled, transforming into Ladybug. After you transformed, you quickly ran back out into the open.

You could hear that creepy laughter once again. "What does this Akuma even want??" You asked yourself. "I'm not sure what she wants, but I know what I want, " you heard the same familiar voice you always heard at times like this say. You then felt someone grab your waist and turn you to face them. "You!" Chat Noir said, booping your nose. You blushed, despite the fact he said things like that all the time, it made your heart race. "Chat Noir, perfect timing!" You said. "Did you hear that insane laughter?" You asked. "Who didn't?" Chat Noir replied. "You have a fair point, " you replied. "Regardless, we need to check it out!" You said. Chat Noir nodded and you both ran up the stairs. You kicked open the door, and the girl was still there. Everybody in the room was now wearing a kitsune mask, and looked like they were missing items they usually have on them.

You heard her laugh again. "Ladybug and Chat Noir! You came here so quickly!" She giggled. "I would ask you to give me something sentimental of yours, but i'm already gonna get your Miraculous!" She said, laughing again. "That's awfully cocky!" You responded. "Well, kitsune whatever your name is, i highly doubt that, " Chat Noir said. "Stupid cat! My name is fox thief!" She yelled. Chat Noir frowned. "What's it with Akumatized villains insulting my name?" He asked. "I don't know, it's more original then mine, " you said, and then turned your head to face her. Just then, she multiplied again at once. Ten of her surrounded you both. You and Chat Noir stood back to back. Each one took a turn attacking you, and it was a bit hard to dodge.

By instinct, you grabbed Chat Noir's hand and slid under one of them, barely managing to escape. You slammed the door shut and ran backwards. "At least we discovered her motive! She wants things with sentimental value, which explains the missing items!" You said. "Yeah, that makes sense!" Chat Noir said. "How are we gonna deal with those doubles, though?" He asked. "We need to get her into a more open space, " you said. Coincidentally, she came bursting out of the door a second later. "Well, that works in our favor, " you said. Fox thief let out another laugh. You quickly jumped down to the first floor, followed by Chat Noir. She followed you there and multiplied herself again. You felt the same wave of panic you had a bit earlier.

You tried swinging your yo-yo to hit them. But they'd just reappear, and start spinning. You could feel yourself getting dizzy. Chat Noir tried hitting them as well, but no succees. They started laughing, and one by one they'd drop to the floor and attack you in attempt to get your Miracuous. You wanted to cover your ears and hide, but you couldn't. You slid under one of the clones, and ran to the end of the hall. "Chat Noir, where do you think the Akuma is?" You asked from across the hall. "Try her mask!" He responded. You nodded, and then yelled "lucky charm!" Throwing your yo-yo into the air. In return, you got a bag of orbeez. "Orbeez? Hm..." you mumbled. You looked around, and then got an idea.

You ran back into the middle of the circle, and took a handful of orbeez from the bag. Then, you spun around in circles, throwing the orbeez everywhere. Every clone of fox thief disappeared, giving you the chance to attack her. But she cloned herself again. You let out a sigh. "Chat Noir, use cataclysm when i find her!" You said. "On it!" He replied. You repeated the same action, throwing the orbeez. Right when you found the real one, you heard Chat Noir yell "cataclysm!" And jump up to touch her mask. After that, she fell to the floor, and an Akuma fell out. "No more evil doing for you, little Akuma, " you said, turning your yo-yo into a net.

"De-evilizing time!" You yelled, capturing the Akuma. You tapped your yo-yo to purify and then release it. "So long, little Akuma, " you said. "Miraculous Ladybug!" You yelled, throwing the leftover orbeez into the air, which turned everything back to normal. You walked over to Chat Noir, fist bumping him. "Pound it!" You both said. "Oh, Chat Noir, by the way-" you said. "Hmm?" He asked. "I um... oh god i forgot, i'm sorry!" You said. "It's alright, m'lady. Tell me next time, " he replied.

(Sorry this is so short rushed and late! I really procrasinated this week so im really sorry its late!! Regardless, i hope you enjoyed! Next chapter will be BIG so i hope that makes up for it!! I realized how uninteresting this chapter is, i may edit it later on.)