[56] The true final battle

(TW!! very brief mentions of suicide!! Nobody harms themselves, I just wanted to make sure this was here. Stay safe <3

The amount of Akuma attacks it took for Hawkmoth to get his hands on the miraculous' is impossible to count. It was so hard just for him to lay a single finger on them. So, why did it feel like he walked away with victory so easily? It felt like no matter how much effort you put into fighting every villain that crossed your path, it wasn't enough. The days would just repeat themselves, somebody different having to suffer just like the previous.

Your actual efforts to find and confront Hawkmoth went to waste because, in the end, Hawkmoth got what he wanted.

His wife.

It turned out that maybe Hawkmoth wasn't quite as terrible as pictured. A man who simply wanted his wife back didn't seem so harsh, did it? Well, maybe it wouldn't have been if his wife wasn't worse than him.

Emilie Agreste, a woman with views so twisted and distorted they were hard to describe. A woman who was so looked up to, turned out to be so evil. That wasn't really fair, but life wasn't fair either.

After having the universe reset, you'd assume that everyone would be done for. But, you were smarter than that. Your situation is horrible, sure, but you're still alive. You're still up and running, you haven't stopped. You're equally as capable as you were previously, and no matter how many advantages the enemies have,

They haven't won just yet.

Emilie stood in front of Hawkmoth's window. Usually, Hawkmoth would release a single Akuma out into the open. But, that wasn't quite the case for Emilie. She wasn't going to send out just one Akuma, no, she was going to send out every last one.

And how she wqs going to do that? With the help of Gabriel, of course. Shortly afrer she arrived in the room, Gabriel followed behind her. He knew exactly what she needed to do, and how she was going to do it.

A single butterfly landed in her palm, and clasping her hands together she akumatized it, afterward, that akuma went towards gabriel's tie. Gabriel transformed, although his outfit was hard to describe. The way Emilie made it look was all distorted, as if it wasn't even real

"You know exactly what to do and what to say, I told you."

Gabriel's powers gave him the ability to release mass amount of Akuma's at a time. He did exactly what Emilie told him to do. He was going to make those Akuma's cling onto ever ounce of negative emotion. Every bit of anger, frustration, despair, fear, all of it would go towards akumatizing people. In such a broken world, their emotions were almost easier to manipulate.

"Misery soldiers, I am your leader. I am giving you the honors of seeing the world for how it truly is. You understand... You understand how fake our reality is. You understand that any and all happiness is fake and for some reason, people fail to grasp that. I am going to fix the world, and I need your help to do so. Make people feel negative, make them feel awful. Being sad is truly the only way to feel happy... If you listen to me, our world can become beautiful, " Gabriel said.

"Very good." Emilie stepped over to Gabriel, a faint smile on her face. She was frozen for a minute, which made Gabriel uneasy. The first thing she did, though, was yank off Gabriel's tie and tear it to shreads. The Akuma that came out landed on her finger, almost as it was drawn to her. However, it didn't akumatize her. With that, she crushed the akuma between her fingers.

"Why would you do that? What's the point?

"I don't trust you. Now, listen to what I say or pay the consequences."

She was turning these people into mindless slaves, and she didn't even feel the slightest amount of sorrow or pity. Her perspective on the world is broken, she's lost her sanity.