[Epilogue] Something that stays

Oversleeping was bound to happen, you were exhausted out of your mind. You couldn't expect to wake up early, especially since when the universe was restored the time was two AM. It felt strange, just as you were told it would. You can't say you didn't expect it, experiencing it for yourself was just an indescribable feeling.

You woke up, staying still momentarily. You probably would have gone back to bed, but you knew deep down it probably wasn't worth it. At this rate, you'd sleep all day. That wasn't exactly ideal, so you forced yourself to get up. Looking over to your side, Adrien was spassed out on your bed. You had nearly forgotten he was there, but you were happy once you saw him.

You couldn't help but think to yourself how pretty he was. It was almost unfair how he managed to make such simple things like sleeping seem perfect, but that was Adrien in a nutshell. You had seen this before, but it had been a while. You couldn't fully express how happy you were to be back home. All you wanted was to be back in your own universe, being next to Adrien was only a bonus.

Such a wonderful, perfect boyfriend, or rather, person in general. You didn't want to wake him, so you just watched him in admiration.

"You know, I would say that you staring at him with lovey-dovey eyes is gross, but... You give me cheese, so I won't complain about it for now." The sudden voice startled you, causing you to jump, only to turn back and see Plagg.

"Oh, good morning, Plagg, " you said, flashing him an awkward smile. He had totally seen you staring at Adrien. And while you were dating him and it was normal, it still felt strange to have Plagg watch you. Probably because Plagg's judgment his half based on the total cheese he has received from said person.

"good morning, (Y/N)!" The Kwami replied, zooming up to you. "Do you mind if I have cheese? Who am I kidding, I'm going to have your cheese now, see ya!" Within the next second, he sped off towards the direction of the mini-fridge, only to be stopped by Tikki who tugged him on the arm.

"Plagg! You're gonna wake Adrien up! Be considerate of them, they've been through a lot lately!" She said, frowning at him. Tikki was always quick to have your back, you were extremely appreciative towards that aspect of her.

"Huh? (Y/N)? What's happening?"

That voice made everyone else in the room turn to it. There was only one person that voice could have belonged to, Adrien. Before you could even place together something to say to him, Plagg broke out into a laughing fit.

"Kyahahaha! Look who ended up waking up Adrien! Whoo! That backfired!" Plagg yelled, nearly choking on his own laughter. The other three of you simply stared at him, unsure of what to say. He thought the situation was a lot funnier than it actually was. But hey, at least he was getting a good laugh out of it.

"Tikki was just trying to prevent Plagg from waking you up. Though, I suppose that backfired, " you said, giggling a little bit at Adrien who still looked tired. Adrien just scratched his head in confusion, it was probably taking a moment for the world around him to register.

Quartzz was watching all of this unfold, though he chose to remain silent. Poor Quartzz, he probably thought the other Kwami's for absurd. And as for Berri, she was still asleep surprisingly and hadn't even witnessed the scene unfold.

After a moment, Adrien sat up in the bed. "Jeez, everything still feels strange, doesn't it?" Adrien asked, turning to you. "Well, I know for a fact that it feels strange to me."

You nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Master Fu warned us about this, though. We're just not used to being in our own dimension... And we pretty much went back in time, no wonder it feels weird."