Crazy Trip [Shuichi Saihara x Rantaro Amami Amasai]

So I recently returned from a trip across the US and this story is actually based off of one of the things I got to do! So enjoy the story!

Dating Rantaro definitely had its perks, one of those perks was the exciting trips across the world. Although Shuichi is happy with just staying at home and relaxing, he knew how much Rantaro loved exploring. He was the ultimate explorer after all!

The most recent trip was to the US, more specifically Louisiana. The trip itself was wild, first, the couple had visited New Orleans, Shuichi can still remember the mistake he made when he accidentally ordered soft-shelled crab at one of the many restaurants of the city. He was definitely put off of any seafood for a while after that but Rantaro made up for it by bringing him to a cute coffee shop that sold amazing beignets.

It was early in the morning and Rantaro had volunteered to drive for the morning, Shuichi was busy at scanning the map in the passenger seat to notice Rantaro pulled off to a small park with two small buildings by the road with one more being built. Shuichi only looked up when the car's engine suddenly stopped when Rantaro parked. "Rantaro? Why did we stop?" Shuichi asked while looking at his boyfriend.

"Come on!" Was the only answer Shuichi got as Rantaro jumped out of the car with Shuichi following close behind out of curiosity. Shuichi followed Rantaro to the smallest building in the lot and the two stepped inside.

"Goodmorning, " a young lady chirped and that's when Shuichi noticed the two tanks with live baby alligators in them, the next words from the lady confirmed his suspensions "Are you here to hold the hatchlings?"

Before Shuichi could open his mouth Rantaro spoke up "Yep, Shuichi your up first!" and Rantaro gently pushed Shuichi forward.

"Ok, now hold your hands out, " the lady smiled while taking out a medium-small alligator from the tank, Shuichi blindly held his hands out and the lady placed the hatchling in his hands. Shuichi couldn't believe what he was doing, in his hands was one of the most dangerous creatures just staring at him.

"I'm holding an alligator, " Shuichi spoke softly with wide golden eyes.

"Yes you are babe, " Rantaro chuckled while using his phone to take pictures of the moment.

"I-I'm holding an alligator!" Shuichi spoke much louder as a smile tugged at his lips and Rantaro couldn't help but laugh. Shuichi then started to babble on about how he's never done anything like this before. Before Shuichi could get to worked up, the lady took the alligator for his hands.

Rantaro smiled warmly as Shuichi continued to babble on "I-I can't believe I did that! I have never done anything like that before!" Shuichi smiled brightly as Rantaro ruffled his hair. After thanking the lady before guiding Shuichi to the next building. It was a single room office with pamphlets of nearby attractions and behind the desk, there were shirts hanging up and necklaces of alligator teeth of all sizes.

While Rantaro was distracted by the pamphlets, Shuichi took the opportunity to buy one of the tooth necklaces and once purchased Shuichi hid it in his jacket pocket. "If we take a road into a nature preserve we can get back onto the highway and see some wild gators, " Rantaro explained while showing one of the pamphlets to Shuichi.

"Fine by me, " Shuichi hummed and after finishing looking around, the two headed back to the car. Shuichi made it back to the car first and skillfully placed the necklace on Rantaro's seat. When Rantaro noticed the accessory, a warm smile tugged at his lips as he picked it up and pressed a kiss to Shuichi's cheek.

"Your too sweet Shuichi, " Rantaro cooed while he slipped the necklace around his neck. Once Rantaro was back in the car, he started the car back up and started down the road to the nature reserve.