October Writing Challenge Day 5: Amulet

Kaede had a healthy amount of skepticism, there was nothing wrong with believing in a little magic! Well, she did have to draw the line somewhere like earlier that month. It all started when she found a rather cute necklace outside a little shop. It looked like the charm was made with a shimmering green geode wrapped in what looked like a golden thread, the chain was decorated with little gardenia, chrysanthemums, fern, and lotus charms. It took Kaede by surprise to see such a beautiful amulet abandoned and so, she took it home.

Later that night, Kaede got dressed for a good night sleep. She still remembered the outfit she chose that night, an oversized pink rabbit sweater with matching shorts, it even had that soft little tail! She laid down under the soft covers ready for sleep to whisk her away to dreamland.

She didn't expect to wake up that next morning in her adventurer friend and current crush Rantaro Amami's bed. Her crush on Rantaro started almost the first day she met the adventurer, just the way he always looked out for everyone, how he almost always helped Kaede get ready for her shows. Thankfully Rantaro was still asleep when she woke up and she quickly made her escape.

Incidents just like that went on for months and each time she became more and more flustered. Eventually, she went to Himiko for help. She just knew it had something to do with this amulet.

"Himiko, I need help, " Kaede said in a defeated tone while walking up to the ultimate mage.

"Kaede? What happened?" Himiko asked as the taller female walked up to her.

"A lot of things, I think I might have something to do with this, " Kaede frowned as she pulled out the amulet from her backpack. She saw how Himiko's eyes lit up at the sight of the amulet and let out a soft gasp.

"Nyeh! Where did you find this?" Himiko asked while taking the amulet from Kaede's hands?

"I found it a few months ago while walking around town, do you know what it is?" Kaede tilted her head, she had a feeling she might finally get answers to what has been going on.

"This amulet has been enchanting, it teleports you to what your heart desires, " Himiko explained while examining the magical item.

"But it's just been teleporting me too..." Kaede trailed and her cheeks turn a bright shade of red. That's why almost every day now she has been suddenly teleported to Rantaro's side!

"What's it has been taking you too?" Himiko asked while tilting her head.

"R-Rantaro, " Kaede was barely audible as she covered her mouth in shock. Her mind then flashed back to how flustered Rantaro would get whenever the amulet brought her to him, could he return the feelings? "I-I'm sorry Himiko but I have to go!"

"Nyeh?! What about the amulet?"

"You can keep it!"

•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•

Rantaro sat in the hammock that hangs in his room, his mind a flurry of thoughts of a certain pianist. It's strange that she seems to pop up out of nowhere whenever he thought of her and each time he got more and more flustered. He wondered if she even felt the same way.

Rantaro was ripped from his thoughts when he heard knocks on his front door and easily got up and walked to the entry point. He didn't expect anyone today but it was a surprise to see Kaede standing on his doorstep. "This is definitely a change from randomly appearing, " He chuckled out with a warm smile.

A sweet giggle slipped past Kaede's lips making Rantaro's heart flutter. "Sorry about that but I was wondering if you have a moment to talk?" She smiled warmly up at Rantaro who nodded and stepped aside to let Kaede in.

"So what you want to talk about?" Rantaro asked as he walked into the living room area of the boat.

"This may seem out of nowhere but I was wondering, " Kaede started while following after Rantaro "Do you like anyone?"

Rantaro felt his heart skip a beat but he kept up his calm demeanor. "I actually do like someone, " he felt his cheeks turn a soft shade of red while shifting his gaze away.

"Who is it?" Kaede tilted her head to the side and Rantaro swallowed the lump forming in his throat.

"Well, there the sweetest girl in the world, " Rantaro started with a warm smile "She's always making sure everyone is doing their best, " his cheeks started to turn a soft shade of red "She always makes sure everyone is happy and if they aren't, she makes it her goal to cheer them up, " he could feel butterflies fluttering in his stomach "And she creates the most beautiful music I've ever heard, " he finished and saw how Kaede's cheeks where a bright shade of red.

"R-Rantaro, do you mean, " Kaede trialed off and felt her heart skip a beat when Rantaro nodded. It took Kaede a moment to process the answer but when she did, a bright smile tugged at her lips as she leaped up and pulled Rantaro down into a hug which he happily returned. When the two drew away from the hug, Rantaro couldn't help but press a kiss to Kaede's forehead, drawing a giggle from her lips.

Kaede couldn't be more glad that she found that amulet.

Tomorrow's theme is...
☠️An Original Sin💀