October Writing Challenge Day 9: Woods

So this is kinda like a continuation of the first story on Transformation! Simply because I love getting to write about werewolves for some reason! I blame Kaito's Halloween costume XD

Pure terror took over Shuichi's system as he without thinking he bolted away from Kaito. He heard the stories of werewolves and how they could tear their victims to shreds and that alone motivated Shuichi to run faster. He could hear Kaito chasing after him, bushes and foliage getting crushed under powerful claws.

Shuichi just kept running, not caring that old gnarled branches tore at his outfit and cut his cheeks. Everything suddenly was in slow motion when he felt something swip his foot out from under him and he tumbled forward with a frightened scream. When he hit the ground with a small thud, he was about to get up until he felt something press down on his back.

"K-Kaito no!" He yelled out before freezing in terror when he felt the werewolf's hot breath on the back of his neck. Shuichi shut his eyes tightly, bracing for the worst before squeaking in surprise when he felt a dog like a tongue lap at his cheek. When he opened his eyes, he saw the familiar warmness return to Kaito's lilac eyes as he nuzzled Shuichi's cheek. Shuichi sighed in relief when he realized Kaito had snapped out of his animalistic trance and easily pushed Kaito's paw off his back and sit up.

Once Shuichi was freed, Kaito sat back his tail wagging happily as Shuichi pat him atop his head. "You're going to give me a heart attack someday, " Shuichi chuckled out breathlessly and was answered with a bark. Shuichi couldn't help but smile softly before getting to his feet and Kaito did the same, easily towering over Shuichi. "Follow me ok? We need to get you home, " when Shuichi mentioned the word home, he saw Kaito's tail start to wag.

Shuichi easily leads the way back to the two's original location before Kaito ran off and from there, they started to make their way back down the path that leads away from the forest. Kaito followed close behind though Shuichi had to occasionally catch his attention again with a wave of a stick, but he managed to lead Kaito all the way back to his car. "Ok now, can you fit in the back seat?" Shuichi asked while opening the back passenger door for Kaito. He was met with a tilt of his head before Kaito with a bit of trouble, crawled into the back of the car. With Kaito safety inside, Shuichi got in the driver seat and drove home.

•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•~~•~~~•

Kaito awoke the next morning with a soft groan, he could hardly remember last nights events. The last thing he could remember was... Kaito suddenly sat up with a gasp only to feel something rig at his arm. When he looked over he saw Shuichi sleeping peacefully next to him and lightly holding onto his arm. When he saw the faint scratches on Shuichi's cheek he felt a small pang of guilt and confusion. Did he do that? No, the cuts were too small, maybe Shuichi tripped on something?

While Kaito tried to remember the events from last night, he didn't notice Shuichi starting to stir from his slumber till he felt Shuichi's soft hand hold onto his own hand. "Morning Kaito, " Shuichi sleepily hummed out while leaning his head on Kaito's shoulder.

"Morning Shu, " Kaito smiled softly, being somewhat relieved that Shuichi wasn't scared or angry at him through the next words that left the detective's mouth made him freeze.

"You have some explaining to do Space Wolf, "

The next theme is

☠️Serial Killer🔪