October Writing Challenge Day 6: Black Cats

Ooook please don't hate me for this but I have no idea how to write an original sin. I can't find anything other than the Garden of Eden so I randomly chose a prompt from the Inktober challenge. So today's theme is
🐈Black Cats🐾

Dark clouds swarmed over the city, it's a huge change compared to the normally beautiful weather last week. It didn't take long for the first raindrops to fall from those dark clouds catching many citizens off guard. One of them being Shuichi Saihara. The detective didn't expect the sudden downpour and was rushing through the streets, using his uniform's jacket as a makeshift umbrella.

Shuichi was about halfway to his home before something in him told him to stop and so he did. He looked around his surroundings, it looked normal just like it always been. It was only when he looked down the alleyway across the street did he see something new. It was a little box tucked by a dumpster and even from this distance, Shuichi could see something making the box move.

After looking both ways, Shuichi crossed the semi-empty street and walked up to the box and gasped in surprise. In the slightly flooded box was three Maine Coon kittens, they're normally fluffy fur now soaking wet and tangled. Shuichi stared in shock at the three kittens as they all meowed up at him, knowing he couldn't just leave the kittens in the rain Shuichi carefully picked each kitten up and cradled them in his jacket.

Once Shuichi had a good grip on the kittens he started to rush the rest of the way back home. By the time he did arrive home he was soaked to the bone and was starting to worry he might catch a cold. Fumbling with his keys, Shuichi unlocked the front door and stepped inside. Once the door was closed, the detective set the kittens down on the couch before leaving for a second to grab some towels to dry the three cats off.

When Shuichi returned with the towels he saw one kitten was wandering the living room, one was in the kitchen, and one perched itself on the couch's armrest. After gathering the kittens up, Shuichi started to dry them off one by one till most of the fluff of their fur had returned. Next up was feeding them and luckily, Shuichi still had leftover chicken from a few nights ago.

Hoping the kittens will stay still, Shuichi walked into the kitchen and grabbed the container holding the chicken. He grabbed a plate and tore off a few bite-sized pieces of chicken before returning to the couch to see all but one of the three kittens had disappeared. Shuichi placed the plate down for the one kitten before going off to find the two others.

After five minutes, he found one kitten pawing at the door to his bedroom and the other had somehow perched itself upon one of the bookshelves. Once he got the two kittens he returned to the couch and placed them down so they could eat the rest of the chicken.

"You two are troublemakers are you?" Shuichi hummed and didn't get an answer other than soft purrs. He didn't expect an answer so Shuichi let the kittens eat while he gets ready for bed. By the time he finished the kittens were done with their meal and curled up in a pile on the couch. After placing the plate in the sink he returned to grab the kittens and bring them to his bedroom and placed them on his bed.

When Shuichi crawled under the sheets he saw the kittens playfully pounce at his feet drawing giggles from the detective. He spent the next ten minutes playing with the kittens before laying down to sleep. He jolted slightly when he felt the pillow dip and looked up to see one of the kittens curled up on his pillow next to him, another curled up at his chest and the last one laid down against his back. Strangely Shuichi found it comforting and it took only a few minutes for him to fall asleep for the night.

I hope this is ok seeing I couldn't do the original prompt! The next story we get back on track with the prompt being!!!
Torture🕷