October Writing Challange Day 1: Transfomation

Soooo I'm going to be writing this year October's writing challenge! I'm a day late so hopefully, I'll get two stories up today! This is the first day's story and the theme is Transformation. Now onto the story!!!

The first day of October was very much welcomed through a smallish town, the chilled wind was so welcoming compared to the heat last month! The only downside was how the nights start to grow longer and longer, that would be a problem but if you have a friend named Kaito Momota it became nightly star gazing. That would be the case if it wasn't for Kaito suddenly running off saying he saw something just beyond the tree line.

Shuichi sighed softly as he pushed his way through tangled tree branches and thorn-covered bushes. 'How did Kaito even run through all this so quickly?' Shuichi thought while shoving another branch away, only for the limb to swing back and smack the detective in the back of the head.

Already Shuichi could feel the sting from the branches hard blow but instead of turning back, he kept marching forward with the light of the full moon guiding the way. The moon's light always did give the detective a sense of comfort during the fall and winter months, the soft blue lights giving the forest a soothing glow.

Just as Shuichi was about to head to the left, he heard the sudden screams from Kaito. "K-Kaito?!" Shuichi yelled as he bolted towards the source of the screaming. The screams lead Shuichi to a clearing when Kaito laided, clutching his sides in pain. Shuichi could only watch in horror as Kaito changed forms right in front of his eyes.

He could hear the pops and snaps of bone moving to their new places and how Kaito seemed to grow in size, evidence by how he could hear the tearing of fabric. Even in the dim lighting, Shuichi could see what looked like dark fur starting to cover Kaito's form. By the time it was over, what laid before Shuichi barely looked like Kaito, he looked more like a cross between a wolf and a human the only thing that didn't change was his lilac eyes.

When Kaito regained his barring, he shakily got up on newly formed paws and stood up tall. 'He's even taller then Gonta!' Shuichi thought to himself before starting to back away when Kaito looked at Shuichi. The detective swore he saw something dangerous flash in those normally warm lilac eyes as the werewolf started walking towards him. The only word Shuichi managed to squeak out was a soft.

"K-Kaito?"