jealous | B. BARNES

BEST FRIENDS

BEST FRIENDS.

That's all you ever were.

So when a random guy offered to buy you a drink, Bucky didn't know why he got jealous. Maybe it was because he didn't like the idea of you being with anyone but him, but that's beside the point.

You accepted, because you'd never turn down a free drink. Soon enough, the stranger started to inch closer to you. You didn't think anything of it until he slid his hand onto your thigh, which alarmed both you and Bucky. Surprisingly, you didn't push the guy away. Maybe it was because you wanted to make Bucky jealous, but that's also beside the point.

The two of you started to converse, and soon enough you were completely disregarding your friend. So when the guy leaned in to kiss you without warning and Bucky noticed your hesitation, he quickly intervened.

He grabbed your hand and dragged you out of your seat. "Buck, what are you- " He placed his hands on either side of your face and kissed you. "I'm done bullshitting." He sighed. "I like you." Your faces were centimeters away from each other. "I've liked you for years. I guess it took seeing you almost kiss another guy to admit it."

You bit your lip to refrain from smiling too much. You didn't even have the words to respond. So, you kissed him again.

The man at the bar simply watched this all go down, mouth agape. "Y'all are really just gonna-" He sighed once he realized you two weren't gonna stop anytime soon, so he drank the rest of his whiskey and headed toward the exit. "Okay then."