ok, lieutenant | B. BARNES

"YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE IN PAIN

"YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE IN PAIN."

Steve Rogers whispered to his best bud, following his eye line back to where you stood, speaking aloofly with another soldier. Steve stifled a guffaw once he realised.

"Lieutenant Y/N's got you in a trance, huh Buck?" The super soldier playfully nudged his friend in the rib cage with his elbow.

Bucky growled under his breath as he witnessed your hand gracefully hover above the soldier's own, Bucky's eyes practically glossing over with pure jealousy. "I'll be back." He mumbled to no one in particular, then set off toward you.

Bucky plastered on his best faux smile as he reached your side. "Afternoon," He nodded to the soldier, receiving a nod back. "Lieutenant." Bucky's height was intimidating, as the man was currently towering over your figure and gazing directly into your eyes.

"James," You cocked an eyebrow, almost asking him what he was doing here. "As I was saying,"

You turned away from Bucky and continued your conversation with the man. Out of the blue, the presence of a hand lingered near the hem of your skirt. James' fingers were tauntingly grazing your thigh, causing the words from your mouth to fumble.

"I— sorry," You exaggeratedly cleared your throat, smacking his hand away. "It seems there was a bug on my leg— no, more of a pest." You hissed, receiving a knowing smirk from James.

A sea of cheers erupted out of thin air, and the began to circle around Steve, yelling out encouraging ramens and clapping him on the back in a congratulatory manner. The soldier you were speaking to bid his goodbyes to join the crowd, ultimately leaving Bucky and yourself alone.

You spun on your heel to directly face James.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

You rolled your eyes and sighed deeply. "Don't touch me like that, James. It could cost me my career." You muttered, glancing around to ensure no one was witnessing this.

"Like what?" The man snaked his arms around your waist and pulled you close so that your bodies touched. "Like this?"

Your hand instinctively set itself on his chest, feeling it rise with every soft breath he took. "Yes," You gulped and pushed the man away. "Exactly like that." Brushing down your uniform, you caught Bucky gazing at your face. "What now, James?"

"I like when you call me James."

That took you aback.

"Now I will be solely calling you Barnes." Bucky laughed melodiously at your comment. "Now go be with Rogers." You shooed him away, walking toward a military vehicle that would travel to your respective residence on base.

"I'll be seeing you later, Y/N!" Bucky shouted from behind you.

"In your dreams, Barnes!"