hoco? | P. PARKER

IT'S NOT A SECRET THAT PETER PARKER CAN BE A PRETTY TIMID GUY

He's shy, clumsy, and socially inept. These things definitely did not contribute to building up the courage to ask you to homecoming, but by some miracle, he did it. It was a surprise for the both of you.

It was around 11 o'clock on a sunny Wednesday morning when you encountered Peter in the hall. You exited the girls bathroom and started walking to the left, where your classroom was, when a shoe squeaked loudly behind you. It caught your attention, and you looked over your shoulder to see who it was. "Um, hi."

A smile formed on your face, his awkwardness never failing to amuse you. "Hi, Pete."

"So, pee much?" He pointed to the bathroom, then sighed heavily at his attempt to make conversation. "Stupid." He muttered under his breath.

You stepped away from the door and closer to him as someone tried to enter the bathroom, smiling at the boy again. "Yes."

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"Yes, I pee." Peter nervously chuckled.
He then sheepishly pointed up to the banner hanging above your heads.

___________________________

H O M E C O M I N G
next weekend! buy tix @ lunch

___________________________

"Planning to attend?"

You shrugged. "I want to, but all of my friends have dates — and I know it shouldn't matter that I'm going stag — but it's weird, ya know?" He nodded understandingly. "Anyway, what about you? You going?"

He rubbed the back of his neck.
"I- uh, actually..." The boy trailed off, looking into your eyes. "I was thinking, we," He pointed at himself. "You and I, could go together."

This made you grin. "Is the Peter Parker asking me to homecoming?" You said with a teasing tone.

He playfully rolled his eyes at your response. "Yes, he is." This was one of the only times you'd ever heard assurance in his voice.

And with an unwavering smile, you slowly walked up to the boy, watching his previously confident expression quickly fall as you inched closer to his face and kissed his cheek. "See you next Saturday, Parker." You whispered into his ear.

Pleased with the awestruck look on his face, you retreated back to your classroom, your face hurting from so much smiling. Homecoming couldn't come soon enough.