deserving | S. ROGERS

YOU AND STEVE RARELY ARGUED

But on the rare occasion you got into a fight, he'd take his anger and frustration out by boxing.

It had been a few hours since your argument, and he was nowhere in sight, so you set out to find him. It didn't take too long, though, as he was in the gym.

You knew him all too well.

Standing quietly by the doorway, you watched him angrily punch the bag. You pursed your lips at the sight, because he didn't often get angry, but it was pretty frightening when he did.

Steve sensed your presence and looked over his shoulder, finding you standing with your arms crossed, unintentionally biting your lip. You did this when you were deep in thought; it was one of the things that made him fall in love with you.

"What're you thinking about?" His voice startled you. A little sigh escaped your lips as you walked over to Steve, watching as he resumed punching.

"You."

He stopped, letting his arms fall to his sides, standing still. You didn't know what was going through his head at the moment.

After a few seconds, he spoke. "I'm sorry." He turned around, shaking his head. "I just," Steve sighed. "I've never done this whole, relationship, thing." He stuttered. "Closest thing I've had to a relationship was P-" He shut his eyes.

You inched toward him. "I know." You whispered. You wrapped your arms around his torso, looking up at him. "I wish I could've met her."

He gazed at you with lovestruck eyes, a sad smile upon his lips. "I don't deserve you."

"You deserve the world, Rogers."