red dress | P. MAXIMOFF

You and Pietro had never quite interacted beyond the walls of Stark Tower

You and Pietro had never quite interacted beyond the walls of Stark Tower. You'd pass by each other in the halls and greet one another with a nod, never needed to speak to each other during missions, and were never seen in the same corner of a room; whether it be because of strangeness or obvious sexual tension was up for debate.

One day, during a meeting, it was announced that the two of you would be partnering up for a special mission that called for special wardrobe.

Tony sent both of you to his "fancy stuff closet," as he so eloquently phrased it.

Now this was a huge wardrobe. To the left were beautiful gowns of differing colours, some adorned with sequins and others with feathers, and below were shelves filled with every kind of heel and pump in existence. There were drawers that held diamond jewellery that looked like millions of dollars worth, (which, knowing Tony, probably were) and it was more than you could've ever imagined.

Pietro stalked off to the right of the room, gazing at the multitude of tuxedos and dress shoes and ties, all of which came in an assortment of colours.

You were still choosing what dresses to try on when in a matter of seconds Pietro was standing before you, suit on, bow tied, and shoes sparkling.

"I look good, no?"

Yes, yes he did.

"Eh." You said, sheltering your heightened attraction to him. "I'm going to go try these on."

Pietro plopped himself onto a nearby loveseat facing the dressing room, awaiting the girl to exit.

"Will you hurry?" He whined.

You sighed, turning your body in different directions to analyse how it fit. "I don't like how this looks on me."

"Oh come on, Y/L/N, I'll tell you if it truly looks bad. It probably will." He huffed.

"Pietro!"

"I'm kidding!" He chuckled. "Kidding, now please come out."

You looked at yourself in the mirror once more before sighing and reluctantly placing your hand on the doorknob.

The moment you walked out, Pietro did a double take, genuinely not recognising you. You wore a sleek, blood red gown adorned with glitter. It hugged your hips perfectly.

You nervously studied his face, unable to read his emotions. "Piet? You gonna say something?"

"I— you look," He inhaled sharply. "Stunning."

You slightly scrunched your brows. "Really?"

He nodded, his mouth suddenly becoming dry.

"Mhm."

"Well, thank you kind sir." You did a small bow. "Wanna help me choose a pair of shoes?"

He snapped out of his trance, standing from the chair and following you into the room. You passed by rows of high heels until the perfect ones caught your eye. They were a deep black and weren't too tall, about four inches, and matched perfectly with the gown. You slipped the correct size on and smiled.

"These are— what're you doing?"

Pietro was suddenly right behind you, his arms on either side of your head with a necklace in hand. He placed it on your chest, the cool diamonds sending shivers down your spine — or maybe that was due to Pietro's breath against your skin.

"You're beautiful." He whispered into your ear.

After he clasped it, you turned to face him, bodies in close proximity. "Why have we never talked to each other before?" You questioned.

Pietro sighed. "Well, speaking for myself, I was too afraid. You are very intimidating, you know that?"

You smirked. "I know. Now kiss me before I change my mind."

And with a smile, he placed his hand
on your jaw, and kissed you.