I knew what I had to do.... | Chapter 5

I knew what I had to do at this point. I knew some things had to be done and that is how had to be. I didn't want to think that my marriage was over. I didn't wan to think that there was nothing left to do. I wanted the happiness and hope back. I wanted the laughing until 3 am to come back to me. I wanted the fear and loneliness to be gone. There was only one thing I had to. 

I started to make a call " chief..." He responded in a confused manor "hello... Casey...? why are you calling me at 5 am...?" I explained things " I don't know if I can say much... but I have to do something that I know I should have done in the first place... I need time off..." Chief was surprised " Casey... is everything ok?" I knew everything would be ok deep down " Yeah I'm fine... I just have to do something... I still have months of time in right..?" chief wasn't sure about this " as far as I can remember on the top of my head yeah...?" I knew this was right " ok we'll I'm going to take it..." Chief was a little concerned " Casey are you sure your ok..?" I cleared my throat " I'm fine... I'll be gone a little bit... not sure how long or when I'm coming back..." Chief spoke " well ok Matt... just keep in touch don't scare us too much ok..." I hung up " everything will be ok..."