Unexpected - CH. 9

Back to Gabby's POV 

It's been good to get away. I liked being somewhere where nobody knew me and the work we were doing here was really hard work. It wasn't your typical everyday. I was helping more people than I ever helped before. I really saw the appreciation from the people. It felt good to feel like I was helping people that never really got the help they needed. To help people that just needed something. I needed to get away because I didn't see anything right now. I felt like everything that I wanted was just instantly gone. It seemed like I wasn't going where I wanted. It seemed like all the losses were just for nothing. It seemed like I would never get that pain to go away. 

I opened the door " Matt..." He started to hug me " Gabby!" He held on to me tight... he wouldn't let go " I missed you..." I held onto him "I'm here!" He finally let go... I smiled " well... come in..." He looked at me " this place is small... but nice..." I smiled " it is.... well this is unexpected..." He looked at me " did you really think I wouln't come and find you... were married! We can't just break away from each other and not expect everything to go away...." I looked at him " I don't want that..." 

I knew I didn't want to divorce and be alone. I love Matt and I didn't want our lives together to be over. He sat down right next to me " we have to talk things out..." I smiled " We will..." 

Something got into the both of us. We looked at each other. I looked into Matt's blue eyes remembering all the happiness we had pre Puerto Rico. That's when things seemed the simplest. I leaned over and kissed Matt and pushed into my lips more and more. Soon as we knew it we were getting time back...