Needed some time... | Chapter 6

chief's POV

He needed sometime. I've Never really seen Casey in his many years at 51 hardly take a day off without injury or anything. He was always at work unless something serious was going down. He was never one to let his personal life get in the way of saving others lives. He struggled a little with tings here and there, but he never took time to just figure things out. He knew he needed to do what was best. That was going out there and doing what he can for his city. 

I got to the house. Everyone seemed to do their own thing and not think about anything that was missing quite yet. Severide walked near me and I knew I had to say something. This was all just so odd. I looked at him " hey Kelly... we have to talk.." He looked at me jokingly " what did I do now...?" I looked at him " you didn't do anything... it's about Matt.." He looked at me " yeah.. where is Captain Casey...??" I looked at him " not here... he's not coming in... not today and maybe not tomorrow..." He looked at me " we'll what's going on.?" I shrugged " I don't know... he did say. He just wanted to use some of his furlow time... I don't know why or where he was going but he just needed time..." Brett walks by hearing a bit of the last conversation " he's not going to see Gabby is he..." Chief looked at me " wait that could be it... maybe he's going to see Gabby!" Severide looked at Brett " he was pretty upset.... I don't know how could that would be..." Brett looked at us " well... I know he called her... I don't know if she answered but he called her... so maybe he's trying to work things out..." 

I knew I had to clear things up with what I had.... 

To be continued....