1

He's cute.

That's the only thought I could think, and I cursed myself for it. That's disgusting, Nico, I told myself. Completely gross. I mean, a guy in love with a guy; come on, now. And he would hate me if he found out I thought these things about him.

I grumbled and continued walking to the camp's pavilion. I'm not really in the mood for dinner, but I have to eat, I haven't in almost a week.

I sigh as I find the Hades table. Without the Romans here, I'm alone. I sit moodily by myself and ask my dish for some nice Italian spaghetti. With my fork, I pick at the food, completely unexcited. I'll probably be throwing this up later.

I glance up at the Poseidon table, a few tables down. Percy is the only occupant. However, soon enough, his best friend Grover sits next to him. Lucky. I look back down at my food, losing the little appetite I had. I pick up the plate and walk to the fire, dumping it all in thanks of my father, and I leave the pavilion before any other demigod does.

I make my way to the Hades cabin, the only "sanctuary" I have here at Camp--even if it does get lonely at times. It's the best I got, really, so I oughtta make it work. I sigh as I collapse on my vampire-like bed that I haven't gotten around to switching out yet. I stare up at my cabin ceiling with my hands behind my head, and my black hair falling into my eyes.

I wonder what he thinks about, when he does this. I know he's got to do this, he's the only one in his cabin too. Thoughts travel. I wonder if he thinks about me. Probably not, and if so, not in depth. Not enough to say, "hey, that's my friend, and I remember this one time..." or "it's so funny he likes this..." He thinks nothing about me, nothing but "oh, yeah, that one kid exists too," and then he moves on to someone like Reyna or Annabeth or, heck, even his competition Jason.

To interrupt my thoughts, my stomach starts churning and making noises. I feel a nausea-like feeling, and I grunt as I push myself into my cabin's bathroom. I bend down, pretty much falling, in front of the toilet, and all my food (or lack thereof) is forced out.

This is the life, right?

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

Him. My dream was about him. Percy.

He was falling. Falling somewhere I couldn't see, it was too... dark. He was calling my name, but I couldn't help him.. The realization dawned on him, and...

He let go of whatever he was hanging on. I knew you weren't for my own good, his voice echoed. I should have listened to my friends...

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

I shake my head, the next morning. Lame. How do such simple, cheesy things effect me like this? Just because it's him. Ugh. Pathetic.

As I push my dream to the back of my head, I make my way to the Infirmary, Jason walking me.

"I don't need to go, Jase, really." I explain.

"Um, yes, you do. You almost fainted, Nico." he contrasts.

I roll my eyes, "Almost, but I didn't."

"You're malnourished. You need some rest. And some food."

I roll my eyes again, "If only you knew how hard it is to cough it down. Tartarus wasn't exactly kind to me, Jase."

Tartarus. Tartarus was awful--living on pomegranate seeds for so long. And Percy... I know he has problems because of it too. I wish I could be there to comfort him... But he has Annabeth, so I shouldn't be.

Jason and I reach the infirmary, and he gets me into a bed with an Apollo kid.

"I'll be back later to check on you." he smiles.

I can't reply before he's out the door.

I sigh, Great, now I'm stuck here.

My thoughts spiral on my own, and ultimately (yet again) they land on Percy. Jeez, am I in for it.