13

I skip dinner and stay in my cabin. By dinner, Percy has given up on trying to talk to me, hopefully for good if he knows what's healthy for him.

I had nightmares of Tartarus that night. They were just as gruesome as the others. So, naturally, I got very little sleep. By morning, I got up early and ventured around Camp, knowing Percy was probably sleeping in and wanting to avoid him for the day.

As I was walking out of the Hades cabin and passing the Apollo, I spotted the blonde Apollo kid. He spotted me too, and smiled and hopped over. I wasn't sure if I should engage or not, so I stayed put but looked away.

Then, he did something I 100% was not expecting--he kissed me.

And I liked it.

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

I wanted to cry. What have I done? And Percy doesn't even--shouldn't even--know. I mean, he kissed me but I let him.

Why am I so horrible...?

Sure, I didn't like it as much as I like Percy's gestures, but... gods, I'm awful...

I slam my cabin door shut and fall onto my bed. I don't deserve to cry but that doesn't stop the tears, now, does it? I bury my face into a black pillow of mine, and sob. I just moped around, feeling sorry for myself and then sorry for Percy, and self-loathed, and everything else that comes with my depression for the rest of the day. Great, right?