14

He must think I really don't want him. Which is completely valid, considering first I ran away a from him, and then kissed another boy who's name I can't even remember.

We keep sneaking glances at each other, but every time our eyes meet we force them away in unison. But every time I see his eyes, they're hurting; I wonder how I look.

Aside from my mess of a love life, I try not to be so anxious, even though I know people are talking about me in my social life. "The Gay Ghost King" I heard someone say, and I heard people call me the f-word or the "Queer King." I got really mad when I heard people making fun of Percy, but I couldn't tell exactly who said it so I couldn't shut them up.

I didn't want to be sitting there, at dinner, not eating, and having to deal with all the people who I don't want to deal with. To make it worse, the Apollo kid kept glancing at me as well, making me want to throw up with the memory of our kiss. I'm a spoiled brat, always have been.

I bow my head low, so that I can't make eye contact with anybody. I stand and walk out of the pavilion, after dumping my food in the fire on the way. I make my way hastily to ,you cabin and enclose myself in the sanctuary that shouldn't be my sanctuary but is. Sanctuary enough, at least.

I don't bother crawling into my bed, I just slide down to the floor and lean against the cabin door.

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

"Nico, are you in there? It's Will."

I furrow my eyebrows. Will? I stand up and open my cabin door, and see the blonde Apollo kid. Oh. It's him.

I look down, feeling awful all over again.

"Do you wanna talk?"

I stay quiet.

Will is the only one here for me right now. But at the same time, that's a problem, isn't it? Even if I'm desparate?

Desparate for what? A home. That's what I've been wishing for all this time. And I'm desparate.

I look to the side, but still looking down.

"Nico?" Will asks.

A tear slips. I'm really horrible for doing this. I'm disgusting. I reach out and hug Will, burying my face in his shirt so no one can see I'm crying.

"It's okay, Nico." Will promises. I listen, even though I know he's so wrong.

But I have nothing to say back.