15

No. I don't want Will. I want Percy. I have a different type of relationship with Percy, since I met him years ago and the whole ordeal with Bianca. And Percy wouldn't be selfish, he does things for me, not to satisfy himself.

Yet, here I am, in Will's arms by my own choice. I'm pathetic, you see.

I choke back my tears, knowing that people are around and I don't want to be so vulnerable with Will.

I take a step back, "I can't. This isn't right."

Will sighed, "How do you know? We could be soulmates."

I shake my head, "Not like this."

I turn and reenter my cabin, shutting the door gently. I sigh again. Was that the right decision? It had to have been. It had to've.

I had to have been.

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

I need to find Percy. I need to talk to him. Even if he hates me, he deserves an explanation. He deserves more than an explanation.

I search everywhere, but I can't find him. I checked his cabin, I checked the beach... but I didn't check the pavilion. I run there, and find him sitting at the edge of the Hades table, looking more sorrowful than I'd ever seen someone else. It hurts me a lot to know I did this to him, but I'm not here to cry, I'm here to do my best to make it right.

He doesn't notice me until I sit down in front of him, and even then, he doesn't show me any acknowledgement. He doesn't have to.

"You don't need to forgive me, but I owe you an explanation," I explain, and he stays still. "Will kissed me. And honestly, I didn't stop him, because I'm a desparate little brat. I've never had a home, more less felt safe enough somewhere, and maybe it's because of my depression, or maybe it's because I'm just a bad person deep down, but I felt as if I stayed away from you I was protecting you from someone like me. But I still needed somebody. I'm so, so sorry, for my idiocy, and for hurting you. I truly am. And I do want you, but I don't want you to hurt. I will do whatever it takes to stop your pain, I know what it's like to have it and it's awful. I-"

"Stop talking."

I'm taken aback, but I obey, "Okay." I hold back tears.

"I don't know how I feel or what to do, Nico. I need some time."

I nod, "Okay."

After a few moments of silence, I got up and I left. If this helps you, Percy, I will do it. No matter what.

I wipe tear after tear away as I head back to my cabin. If this is best for you.