12

Together.

We aren't necessarily together yet, right? Or we are, and it's just an unspoken thing we both know (that I seem to not know)?

I sigh as I finish up my training. I think I trained harder than I was supposed to, but, oh, well. Sweaty and still catching my breath, I stalked away to the camp showers to have a rinse-down.

Together. It'd be awkward and embarrassing to ask him, but what if he feels the same? We'd never figure it out. I should ask him on our date tonight. Once I gather the courage to...

I'm a little thankful for our date tonight. It'll lighten my mood. I feel kind of depressed, so I think I'll find Percy after my quick shower, just to hang out. Then I'll talk to some other friends about what to wear to the date, because I have no date-material clothes for lack of confidence. But I don't think I'll ask Pipes...

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

I find Percy by the Apollo cabin, oddly. He's arguing with that Apolo kid. I sneak behind another cabin to hear what they're saying.

"Just back off, Will, the answer is yes!"

"He didn't seem too sure."

"What are you talking about?"

"I asked him early. He didn't seem so certain. Look, Percy, I just want him to be happy-"

"With you."

"If that's what's best."

"Shut up, Will, leave him alone."

Percy huffy and walks past the cabin I'm next to without noticing me.

I catch up with him, "What was that about?"

Percy seems startled, "Um... How much did you hear?"

"Not much," I reply, "but enough to be concerned."

Percy seems conflicted, and hesitates to respond, but he does, "You knew we were together, right? And you want to be, right?"

Crap. Did I screw up?

"Of course I want to be, Percy! I just... wasn't sure if... we were..."

Percy frowns. "I'm sorry!" I say quickly.

He sighs, "It's okay, I just thought I gave it away when we were walking from those campers back on the beach."

"I'm sorry, I'm so oblivious..."

"No, Nico, you're not-"

"I'm sorry." I turn and run to my cabin, and slam the door behind me. Dang it, I'm such  freak-up! I messed up YET AGAIN, and with Percy, gods dang it!

I sit on my bed and started crying. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for him... I wipe my eyes and go to my cabin bathroom. I look in the mirror. My eyes are puffy, but that's all. I sigh and look down. Why am I like this?

I hear a pounding on my door, and Percy's voice. I choose to ignore it. I shouldn't hurt him more than I already have. I sigh.