7

I sigh. This infirmary really is uncomfortable. I wish Percy would hurry back soon.

But in the meantime, what if that Apollo guy-

No, shut up, Nico! You have Percy! I curse myself in English, Italian, Greek, and Latin. I'm a horrible person. I'm just still unused to the idea of Percy and I.

I close my eyes as I rest my head against a pillow. I still feel weak. Probably because I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, but I can't, or I'll just receive a bunch of nightmares. Besides, it's the middle of the day, and I can't sleep with the light out. I need my cabin. It's so much better in there, and I don't need to worry about a thing in there.

I cough. Then I go back to resting my eyes. Hurry up, Percy.

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

When Percy finally arrives, it's during lunch time. He's caring to dishes with him, one holding blue pizza and one holding garlic bread.

I blush, "Th-thanks, but you didn't have to. It's hard to eat, so..."

"It's fine," he shrugs, "and don't worry, I'll force it down your throat if I have to."

We both chuckle, but I have a feeling he's not joking. I take the plate of garlic bread in my hands and set it on my lap. Percy sets his dish next to me on the bed and starts chowing down. I stare at my plate in denial.

You need to eat, Nico, you're extremely unhealthy, I tell myself.

I sigh, and lift up one of the bread slices. I take a tiny nibble off the corner, and almost gag it out.

"All good?" Percy asks, placing a hang on my shoulder.

I swallow hard, "Yeah. Just... eating."

My stomach rumbles. I sigh, and lift the bread to my mouth again. This is torture. I take a larger bite, and it takes me forever to swallow.

Then the feeling washes over me again. I freeze. "P-Percy..."

Percy stops eating, "Are you okay?"

I cover my mouth, "B-bucket, o-or something..."

"What about one...?"

I curse his stupidity, "Get me one, now!"

I feel it coming up my throat. Percy can't find one in time, so I vomit on the infirmary floor. Percy winces, and rubs my back as I puke what little was in me. When I'm done, I cough, and shakily lay down in the cot, ignoring the rest of my dinner. I move to my side, and hide my face behind my arms.

"You okay?" Percy asks, handing me a cup of water that he wasn't holding a minute ago.

I nod, and take a couple sips, Percy feeding it to me. When I'm done, I close my eyes. I feel a weight shift on the bed and realize that Percy is sitting down next to me. He holds my hand. He doesn't say much, but the gesture is enough.

"Th-thanks." I mutter.

"No problem, Neeks."

With that, I fall asleep.