10

A/N: I've gotten lucky today! So many chapter updates. My hands are too bad this time. Sorry for the spam, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

Percy let go of me, so I let go of him. He looked like he felt better. I'm glad I made him feel that way, since I never thought I'd make anyone feel that way. I turned around, and dropped Percy's hand. There were a few campers watching us in curiosity.

Did they see our hands, or just the hug? I began to feel anxious.

The group of campers started talking about us. One of the, noticed our hands, because they pointed and said something about them. No... please, no, I'm not ready to be out yet... the group started laughing. I tried to remember the names of the people over there; I don't think I recognize any of them, but a blonde kid who was the guy from the infirmary.

"Percy..." I said.

"I know. Let's just keep walking."

We started walking down the beach, at a further distance from each other than before. The campers didn't go away, but we reached beyond their gaze once we turned and went a different direction out of their view. I realized then that I was shaking.

"Hey, are you okay?" Percy asks.

We stopped in our tracks. I looked down, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You have a habit of saying that when you're not."

"Whatever, Percy."

"Hey, I just want to be there for you. It's not fun being alone."

"I think I know that, Percy!"

"Then don't push me away!"

"Ugh!" I push him aside and walk ahead.

Percy caught up with me, and stopped me, "Nico."

I refused to meet his eyes, "Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

I choose not to respond. I honestly don't know myself. "I'm not ready to be out yet, Percy. Being gay has destroyed me for so long..."

"Hey, it's okay."

I shake my head, "No, it's not."

Percy hugged me, "Yes, it is, because I'm here. Come on, let's go."

I sigh, and nod. "Yeah."