5

The next day, I fainted. I woke up a few hours before dinner, inside the infirmary yet again. I thought I was alone, until I looked to my right. Sitting in a chair next to me, was Persues, staring off into space.

I brought my fingers before his eyes and snapped.

"Oh! Nico! You're awake, how are you feeling? Are you okay? You need to take care of yourself-"

I sigh, "Chill out, Percy. I'm fine."

He scratched the back of his neck, "Okay, but you should get some more rest. You look like a zombie!"

"I'm the son of Hades, of course I do."

"You know what I mean."

I nod, looking away, "I know."

Silence.

"Once you're released from the infirmary, I'd like to talk to you about something."

I hesitated, "Why not just tell me here?"

"It's not the most... wanted place to tell you."

"Oh. Okay. Yeah, we can talk later."

▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪•●•▪

I'm anxious. Today hasn't been a good day at all, but suddenly Percy wants to talk to me now, alone. There's only so many things he could have to say to me. And if it's something bad, which it most likely is, it's going to throw my depression into a spiraling case; I'm already down enough today, I don't need to feel worse.

I shakily walk to Percy's cabin. We have about two hours before the conch horn blows and it's time to head to our cabins. I'm at the Poseidon cabin door in no time, trembling slightly as I raise my hand and knock. I try to keep my face expressionless when the door swings open, revealing a very adorable-looking Percy.

"H-hey, come in." he says.

I does as I'm told, noting his nervousness.

He sits on his bed, and I sit on the one across from it. "What did you need to say?"

"Uh, this is awkard-"

I laugh sarcastically, "No kidding."

He continues, "but um... I like you."

I kink my neck to the side slightly, "What do you... m-"

"I like you like a boyfriend."

I'm dumbstruck. He's messing with me...! No, his face, he's not...

"I-I-I..." Nice stuttering, Nico.

"It's fine if you don't-"

"No, I do!" I shouted.

I inwardly face-palmed myself. So smooth. But it doesn't matter. It's said. I continue, and try to make up for the startle.

"I do like you. A lot, actually..."

Percy smiles, and I swear that smile lights up my whole world.

"Great!" his eyes sparkle (or am I seeing things?). "Wanna... go on a date sometime?"

I stare. Did he just.... Did he just... ASK ME OUT?

I nod hesitantly, but with obvious excitement, "Y-yes!"