BLOSSOMING INTO...

I didn't understand why I was so nervous walking to my third-period Chemistry class.  It was one of my favorite subjects.  Yet I was a little nervous.  I walked to the front of class and took my seat behind my cousin Edmundo.  It wasn't long before Tristan sat next to me and said "so, do you do tutoring sessions for Math and Science."  "Not Math I so, suck at Math.  I don't know why but Scientific equations don't seem to confuse me but give me the quadratic equation and  I get lost."  He chuckles "So, who helps you with those."  "Oh, usually Joel or one of the other guys in the club."  "So, this stargazing party are you going with anyone?"  I chuckle "uh, no it isn't that kind of party.  The club members pay the fee for going we end up at a ranch that is donated by a club member, and we have hot dogs, chips, and sodas.  After it gets dark, we all lay out on blankets and try to find all the constellations during this season.  We also discuss the history and mythology behind them."  Then all of a sudden stupid Bugger turns around and has to chime in "blah blah blah, damn Trina no one gives a crap."  I stare at her. "yeah, like no one gives a crap about you.  So, how about you turn around and face front or I tell the guys they can go back to calling you, Shamu Susan."  Of course, stupid guys all have to sing "and the Texas Tuxedos" after I finish.  I shake my head at the guys and I laugh.  She glares at me "You know no one likes you."  I shake my head, "yet no one calls me Shamu or Bugger.  Now turn around and leave me alone."  She turns to Tristan and says "If you want to be popular ignore her."  I laugh "yet who was the one dancing with the captain of the football team last year.  Let me think oh, yeah me.  Who else did I dance with oh yeah the star center from the basketball team our freshman year that is now a Marine, so you  know what Bite Me."  Tristan laughs and tells her "Darlin' I think she is right how about you turn around and mind your own business."  She growls and turns around finally.

 We went back to talking about the stargazing party when Nick my stupid second cousin on my dad side asks "So, can we start making fun of Bugger again."  I look at him and say "you know what do what you want. Spread the word."  Tristan shakes his head and asks "so, where do you eat lunch."  "oh, I eat in the club room with the gang you should join us."  "So, I guess I will see you at lunch Trina."  Soon, after the bell rings and I am out the door and Susan passes me and says "bitch"  I grin and say "yes, I am a bitch and thank you very much."  All the kids in the hall laugh and she stomps off.  Tristan looks at me and asks "doesn't she realize that acting like that is part of the reason she is picked on."  "I have no idea when we were friends I would tell her, but she never listened to me.  Well got to get to the yearbook room."  As I entered the yearbook room Sam comes up to me "so, what did bugger do to make you mad?"  "What do you mean?"  "Hell Nick was yelling down the halls bugger is fair game.  She pissed off Trina."  I laughed "You know Tristan the new guy in our class."  "Oh, yeah he just joined the football team.  What about him?"  "Well, it turns out he is not just a jock he is also a Math and Science geek.  We were talking in third-period which I have with Susan and well she made a comment about no one liking me then went on to tell Tristan that if he wants to be popular to stay away from me."  Sam laughed "does she not realize the only reason we have left her alone is that she is no longer harassing you and your not defending her."  "I guess not."  "Oh, wait what did Tristan say?"  "He told her to mind her own business after telling her to turn around."  "I guess what they are saying is true."  "What is that?"  "Nope not telling but you will soon find out."  Shaking my head I walked in and looked to see what our assignments were going to be today.

At lunch, I was sitting in Mr. Plas's class reading Stray by Andrea K Host when Tristan walked in he looked at my Nook and asked: "I thought you had an actual book yesterday."  "Oh, yeah finished it I only had three chapters left plus it was like my fifth time reading it, so I was just really skimming it."  "So, you want to talk or are you going to read."  "I guess we can talk.  So, where are you from?"  "Oh, I am from Atlanta."  "Cool, I knew there was no way you're from Texas."  All of a sudden Joel comes up and says "hey Trina your shoulders look a little tight you need a message."  "Joel, cut it out...damn you are going to put me to sleep again."  I hear him talk to Tristan "yeah, don't know why but she always collects a lot of tension in her shoulders all the time."  All of a sudden he stops and says "well better stop before you go to sleep" just as the bell rings.  I shake my head and get my bag just as Tristan asks "So, where is your next class."  "Oh, the vocational building.  I have radio and tv."  Just then Joel comes up and asks "you coming, Trina."  I look up at him and ask "seriously, what is your damage go to class and get a life dude."  All the guys laugh, and he takes off grumbling and yells "fine."  Tristan looks at me asks "can I walk you to class."  I look at him and say "sure, but I am caring my books."  He laughs "not a problem."   

When we walked out to the vocational building, he says "can I ask you one quick question."  I laugh "sure you just did but go ahead."  "Is there something between you and Joel.  He seems determined now not to let you get to know me."  "Oh, he just being an ass.  If he doesn't knock it off, I will knock him upside the head."  "OK because I don't want to step on any toes here."  "Nope, your not but I might."  He laughed I stopped outside my class, and he looked at me "Hey my class is just down the hall can I walk you to your next class."  "sure but I am going back to Mr. Plas's class I have an off period next, and I help him or the English Dept."  "Not a problem I have it off too."  "Well see you after class."  As I walk in the door, I see Joel sitting in his usual seat and then I hear stupid Lisa say "So, it looks like Trina's got a boyfriend."  I roll my eyes and plop down next to Joel and say "What the hell is your damage anyway?"  "Well, Trina I needed to talk to you, and he hasn't left you alone."  "How about trying hey I need to talk."  "Fine, can we get this damn commercial done for NHS"  "OK let's get to work."  We finished the script for the commercial by the time the bell rang.  All we had left to do was record it tomorrow.  When we stepped outside Joel looked at Tristan and stormed off.  I shook my head and looked up at Tristan and said: "I have no idea what is going on in his head."

Trying to figure out why Joel was all of a sudden acting like a spoiled child was confusing me.  He never had a problem with me talking to other guys before and now it is like he is jealous of the time I am spending with Tristan.  It is not like Tristan would want me when he can have any girl in the school.  Hello, I am only 5'5 and weigh 130lbs plus I don't do dresses and definitely don't do makeup.  So, why Joel is acting like a horses ass is beyond me.  I looked at Tristan and he was staring at me.  "What's up?"  "Just trying to figure out what is going on in your head."  "Oh, I am just trying to figure out why Joel is acting like a horses ass."  "Well, I think he is acting like a jealous boyfriend."  I couldn't help but laugh "there is no way.  We are just best friends."  Tristan stopped "was there ever anything more."  "No, really...well I did have a crush on him at one time but it was all one-sided."  "OK."  The good thing our conversation was over since we finally made it to Mr. Plass's classroom.